Staff Software Engineer | 20998
Job Title: Staff Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, India
This position reports to: Manager, Development
ServiceNow has been named as the most innovative company in the world by Forbes. We have also been ranked #3 on Fortune Future 50. We are the leading enterprise cloud. Our SaaS solutions generate revenue of ~$2B annually, and we are still growing over 30% YOY. We are looking for strong developers to help us build out an early stage, fast growing product.
With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
You will connect best-in-class development tools to the ServiceNow platform to reveal new insights and help large enterprises adopt DevOps processes and culture. You will set immediate priorities for your team, mentor less experienced engineers, and act independently to pursue the broader goals of the Enterprise DevOps business unit. We are seeking engineers who want to work across technologies and development environments/languages
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10 years of experience designing and building scalable reusable products/components, with at least 3 in a lead or senior team role
- Proven ability to make sound technical decisions with minimal guidance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience mentoring and guiding engineers
- Passion for software development, debugging and problem-solving
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Solid understanding of data modeling and databases (MySQL preferred)
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, design patterns, and performance/scale considerations
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
It would be even better if you have:
- Direct experience with DevOps culture or CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with IT automation tools such as Jenkins, Chef, or Puppet
- Knowledge of React and Angular.js
- Experience with Python/Ruby/PHP/Perl in a UNIX or Windows environment
- Ability to create high performance, scalable systems
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.