Senior Technical Support Engineer | 27472
Technical Support Engineer
Location: Staines, UK or Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
ServiceNow is seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer to capitalize on the company’s momentum. The ServiceNow enterprise IT Service Management platform combines ITIL process support and SaaS delivery to provide a flexible, intuitive and self-managing application in the cloud.
What you get to do in this role:
- Providing support to users/administrators of our platform. Supporting and contributing to the growth of best practices for delivery of support services.
- Understanding our platform, Cloud technologies and troubleshooting practices to ensure successful resolution of challenging technical situations.
- Acting as a customer advocate, prioritizing and managing assigned incidents and escalations in queue with little or no supervision.
- Engaging with the cross functional teams like operations and engineering to build, drive and improve tools and processes for quicker issue resolution.
- This includes being the last point of escalation within the customer support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies.
Qualification & Experience
- Must have bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field experience
- 5+ years providing customer facing technical support (Web based products or e-commerce preferred)
- Candidates will lesser experience will be considered for appropriate roles.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot the most difficult technical issues
- Ability in server administration across OS platforms (Windows/Unix). Including understanding of user permission levels, domain configuration, group policy objects and execution of SUDO Policies.
- Remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI, PowerShell
- Exposure to network monitoring connectors such as SCOM, Solarwinds etc.
- Understanding of SNMP traps and MIBs/OIDs
- Ability to understand and modify XML, JSON, Regular Expressions (RegEx)
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, VMWare, Amazon EC2 including appropriate template types (ARM templates, CFT)
- Understanding of protocols such as HTTP, TCP, FTP/SFTP, SOAP and REST
- Experience with troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark, Traceroute
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming skills (Java strongly preferred)
- Good understanding of database concepts.
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, CMDB and ITIL business process
- Strong troubleshooting/root cause isolation skills
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Must be proficient with analyzing log files and standard debugging concept.
- Experience providing web development support is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with tools & practices of the trade such as incident management, knowledgebase, defect & escalation management.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
Preferred Skills (Great to have)
- Previous experience working with the ServiceNow platform (Asset Management, Orchestration, Discovery, Mid Server, BSM Map & Service Mapping)
- Familiarity with Eclipse IDE.
- Previous experience in software development(or) software consulting.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting e-commerce applications with catalog, shopping cart, merchandising and payment handling is highly desirable.
- Experience providing SaaS support is desirable.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [email@example.com] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.