Distinguished Engineer, Platform AI | 23148
Job Title: Distinguished Engineer, Platform AI
Job Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA (HQ)
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
If you thought you knew about ServiceNow and what we do, take a look again! Our products lines are diverse and robust. The Enterprise Cloud is dynamic, scalable to billions of transactions weekly, and global in scope and size.
As a part of the core Platform as a Service offering, the Predictive and Language Intelligence team is building the core machine learning/AI/Natural Language Understanding/Natural Language Query technology that will power revenue generating business use-cases using customer data; hence delivering a manifold increase in productivity of business processes of ServiceNow customers. The team focuses on operationalizing ML/AI/NLU/NLQ use cases for all ServiceNow business applications.
We employ only the brightest and most forward-thinking machine learning developers and data scientists on the planet. We have offices all over the world and work as a distributed team. Come join the Predictive and Language Intelligence team and make your mark in the most challenging problem area - helping customer derive the insights from their own data on ServiceNow platform.
This role is for a senior very experienced technologist who can work at the intersection of business process and machine learning to accelerate the strategy and impact of ML/AI/NLU/NLQ in the various business processes. An ideal candidate has proven ability to take on underspecified customer problems and lead the team from the formulation of concrete viable solution approaches to fully implemented and deployed solutions that ship in the product. You will work with product managers and development teams across ServiceNow to get partnerships in place, and solutions implemented. Having demonstrated experience working across functions while maintaining deep technical expertise is key to succeeding in this role. Ideally, you are someone who is known in the industry to successfully take on challenging problems that not many people have solved before.
What you get to do in this role:
Specifically, you will
- Understand the top AI/NLU/NLQ business use cases that ServiceNow product teams want to go to market with in their products.
- Work with other senior leaders in Predictive and Language intelligence team and other relevant teams to come up with concrete formulations that align the business process and customer objectives with what is feasible with state-of-the-art ML/AI/NLU/NLQ techniques
- Have a deep understanding of various ML/AI/NLU/NLQ techniques and technology stacks, in particular what is “enterprise-ready”, and guide the development team in its implementation choices with a view to delivering reliable solutions that customers can adopt quickly.
- Work with Strategy team to solidify a rubric to evaluate external offerings.
- Have an understanding of the full product development lifecycle from prototyping to development to deployment to support and make solution recommendations that deliver customer expectations while lowering support burden.
- Have enough technical depth to be hands-on and take on some of the more challenging tasks to help the team deliver
- Develop innovative patentable ideas that ensures the competitiveness of this product within the domain of similar work being done in the industry
- Lead by example and deliver key asks from internal constituents
- Communicate extensively with internal and external stakeholders
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Passion for enterprise software development and problem-solving
- Deep knowledge of business processes automation and role of machine learning in enhancing business processes
- Ability to translate business needs into viable formulations, especially an ability to evaluate technical choices at hand
- Experience implementing end-to-end ML/AI systems that are integrated in enterprise applications
- Agile/Scrum experience a must.
- Java and Statistical Library programming skills a must
- Experienced in various forms of decision sciences and optimization software development
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, with quick learning curve
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Hands on programmer, not a data analyst
- Must have demonstrated work experience through multiple life cycles of a product within a single company.
- Must have demonstrated capabilities to create patentable ideas.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.