Associate Application Security Engineer or Application Security Engineer | 23874
Job Title: Associate Application Security Engineer or Application Security Engineer
Location(s): Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Manager, Application Security
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- As an engineer of the Application Security Team, you will be ensuring the applications used and created by ServiceNow are secure. You will work with internal development teams to review source code and pentest custom functionality built on top of the ServiceNow platform. In this role, you will be responsible for interacting with customers that perform security assessments against their ServiceNow instance. You will also assess security risks of 3rdrdparty vendors by performing penetration testing on applications hosted within ServiceNow, as well as in the vendor’s infrastructure. A key part of this position is to effectively report issues to the application owners, provide meaningful remediation recommendations, and validate that they have been resolved.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Strong foundations in software engineering (Java preferred).
- Prior experience in testing web applications and web services.
- In-depth knowledge of common web application vulnerabilities (i.e. OWASP Top 10).
- Familiarity with automated dynamic scanners and proxy tools.
- An analytical mind for problem solving, abstract thought, and offensive security tactics.
- Ability to articulate complex issues to executives and customers.
- Security certifications a plus!
Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident on U.S. Soil.
Must be able to attain a U.S. Public Trust Security Clearance.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.