SWAT / DBA Engineer | 23539
Title: SWAT/DBA Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for an experienced performance engineer with a proven track record of troubleshooting the issues, bugs and performance of complex systems. Working with key members of our Cloud Development, Service Operations teams and Support, you will focus on supporting our platform as issues arises. The ideal candidate for this position is a software engineer with a strong background in database technologies, performance analysis, and strong troubleshooting skills. The candidate must have a passion for chasing issues of complex systems running under dynamic, real-world loads. You will work in a fast-paced, innovative environment that allows direct influence on the organization and all our customers. In this role you will support the infrastructure by learning the platform from end to end. You will also enable peers in SRE and customer support by being highest level of support internally and externally.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- developing and deploying mission critical software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent technical discipline, or similar work experience.
- Eagerness to learn everything about the ServiceNow Platform.
- Unix skills: including development, navigation, file manipulation, permissions, searching/finding files and text contents, and administrative actions
- Solid understanding and experience with databases mainly Mysql (and Oracle.
- Experience with service now platform, scripting, tuning, troubleshooting is highly preferred.
- Solid understanding of schemas, table spaces, indexing, and database performance optimization
- Familiarity or knowledge of CentOS/RedHat operating system (admin/root level)
- Demonstrated experience leading individual projects, including scheduling and reporting
- Formal experience on a DevOps or Performance or support team is desired
- Candidate must be a US citizen and living on US soil.
- The candidate will need to be successfully adjudicated for a Public Trust Position or be willing to go through the Public Trust adjudication process.
- Ideally the candidate should have experience with NIST 800-53 and DoDI 8500-2 standards and FedRAMP certification compliance.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some o
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.