Hardware Support Engineer | 21823
Hardware Support Engineer
ServiceNow is the industry-leading Enterprise IT Cloud Company. Our cloud allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution. We're a fast-growing company and offer huge potential for the talented individuals who join our team.
Sitting in the center of our cloud, the Cloud Infrastructure team is building the infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) that is the basis for all services offered by ServiceNow to our enterprise IT customers. We are laser-focused on building an innovative, scalable and feature-rich IaaS for enterprise IT.
We are building the cloud service that hundreds of companies depend on every day to accelerate their company forward. We employ the brightest and most forward-thinking cloud infrastructure engineers on the planet.
Come join the Cloud Infrastructure team and make your mark building the industry-leading Enterprise IT Cloud!
As a Hardware Support Engineer you will be a member of the Cloud Infrastructure team that is responsible for global hardware design, standards and architecture, and maintenance, and repair. In this role, you will:
· Troubleshoot, diagnose, and coordinate repairs for complex hardware problems on enterprise-class server and infrastructure.
· Work closely with hardware vendors to understand and solve complex hardware problems as needed
· Work closely with partner teams that help support the hardware break/fix process to overcome technical challenges
· Document new processes and procedures as needed
· An understanding of common network technologies such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VLANs, SSH, SCP, PXE, Switching, Routing, etc.
· Demonstrated ability to drive complex problems to resolution.
· 3+ years experience with Linux-based operating systems.
· 3+ years experience with enterprise-class server systems and out-of-band management devices.
· Bachelor or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or Computer Science (CS) or related field.
· Excellent communication and customer skills, problem solving, conflict management, listening, time management and interpersonal skills required.
· Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience
· Experience using the ServiceNow platform preferred but not required.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work with some of the most innovative and advanced technologies in the business. The Cloud Infrastructure team is a very collaborative and inclusive team where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional, open yet relaxed work atmosphere.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.