Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack | 25346
Job Title: Senior/Staff Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
This position reports to: Senior Manager, Search Engineering
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
Come join the Search Engineering team and work with a talented group of developers building out next generation technologies in the ServiceNow cloud platform. This team is responsible for the innovation, features, and architecture that make ServiceNow a powerful platform used by many Fortune 500 companies. You will have the opportunity to work on exciting technologies such as UI componentry, predictive intelligence, workflow & automation, and developer tools & IDE.
What we are looking for:
You are an experienced engineer that is passionate about building great user experiences, is generally excited about new technologies, and is ready to push the boundaries of what is achievable. You are looking for challenges and opportunities and have the ability and desire to bring new ideas. You are enthusiastic about working in the latest technologies, such as React, Redux, and GraphQL but at the same time have solid fundamental computer science knowledge in data structures, design patterns and algorithms. You are a team player and will work with other experienced co-workers to help us evolve the technology stack to build modern and awesome user experience for our customers. You must possess a solid understanding of building amazing, performant and scalable applications with large scale data, an obsession with design aesthetics, and engineering excellence.
What you get to do in this role:
- As a Senior/Staff Software Engineer with the Search Engineering group, you will be building the software that immediately impacts our customer’s productivity. You will be building features that enable our customers to be efficient in their work.
- You will use your experience building modern web experiences and your expertise in performance, architecture, and object-oriented design to push the boundaries of our platform.
- Build highly interactive web-based applications that can scale with application complexity
- Create tools, libraries, and frameworks for other developers to build upon
- Apply new technology and innovation to improve platform functionality
- Deliver and outstanding experience for our customers
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years of software industry experience
- Passion for software development and problem solving
- Deep knowledge of AJAX, JSON, HTML, XML, CSS, REST, GraphQL and associated frameworks
- Understanding of dependency injection and unit-testing principles
- Strong Java skills
- Understanding of functional programming paradigm
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Deep understanding of design patterns
- Ability to write clean code
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.