Director of Product Management - Product Success | 24831
Job Title: Director of Product Management – Product Success
Location: San Diego, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We’re disruptive. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
Our Application Platform as a Service (PaaS) not only powers every ServiceNow delivered application but allows customers to create their own custom application and integration solutions. Our goal is to focus on building a high performing, scalable platform that ensures our customers and partners can integrate with and develop on ServiceNow in a simple, consistent, secure, and high-performance manner.
We are seeking a seasoned Director of Product Management with go to market experience and the passion to solve complex business problems while creating new and compelling experiences for our customers. This is the opportunity to take our platform to the next level.
What you get to do in this role:
- Define and execute our platform UX go-to-market strategy by collaborating with fellow product managers, internal stakeholders, external customers and partners
- Evangelize UX product success & best practices to internal & external stakeholders (Marketing, Sales, Support)
- Partner with BU outbound product mgmt. teams to drive customer adoption
- Execute go-to-market programs, including program management and enablement
- Drive customer facing solution strategies to reduce time to value and increase product adoption
- Contribute to the platform UI framework’s vision, strategy and roadmap based on the go to market learnings
- Work alongside outbound product management to understand the voice of the customer, gain understanding of the market, and provide a business perspective on value
- Build, manage and lead a team of product managers
- Team up with UX design, research and engineering to drive deep customer empathy and innovate continuously
- Integrate customer research, usability testing, and market analysis into platform requirements
- Evaluate new business or market opportunities
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstrated ability to structure and present a solution in a compelling and convincing fashion; strong writing, communication, presentation, and project management skills
- Business development or management consulting experience, or experience with CXO communications
- Passion for our platform, making our customers more successful and the possibilities that come from building a world class ecosystem of partners
- Prior experience working collaboratively across business units and in customer-facing teams
- Passion for identifying & solving the customer need/problem & willingness to advocate for the customer
- Passion to build great products with expert product sense and intuition
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, creative thinker with creative problem-solving skills
- Prior hands-on experience with Platform as a Service (PaaS) or building a platform
Ideally, the candidate will also have:
- Prior experience with ServiceNow platform/products
- Prior enterprise software sales or marketing experience
- Can-do attitude, optimism, humility, willingness to embrace the unknown
- Experience managing teams using agile/scrum methodologies
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Marketing or related field, plus MBA or equivalent advanced degree
- Results-proven experience working with or implementing product management best practices such as design thinking and lean startup in industry-leading enterprise software companies
- Travel: Up to 30% annually
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a collaborative & inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude & attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology & talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.