Senior Manager, Global Contracts, Source to Settle | 25026
Senior Manager, Global Contracts, Source to Settle
Santa Clara, California
This position reports to: VP, Source to Settle
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What You Get To Do In This Role
- As a key member of the Contracts team within the Source to Settle team, you will be responsible for managing a team responsible for drafting and negotiating various types of purchasing agreements, including Software Licenses, SaaS Agreements, Statements of Work, Goods and Services Agreements and Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- You will work closely with other teams within STS, including Sourcing and Procurement (as well as vendors, internal business units and legal), to rapidly turn around needed contract documents while maintaining risk management standards.
- You will also get to participate in ongoing improvements to the procurement process and Contract Management work flow systems.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
Education and Experience:
- Strong background in software licensing, including SaaS agreements, is required, as well as a broad knowledge of international commercial contracting principles, privacy and data security issues, and corporate operations.
- B.A. or B.S. required
- J.D. is helpful but not required
- A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience, with a focus on contract management, agreement drafting and negotiation, and process development
- Substantial knowledge of procurement best practices
- Deep experience partnering with and providing timely support to in-house business partners is required
- Substantial experience negotiating SaaS, software and professional services purchases is strongly preferred
- Relevant experience (ideally at a fast-growing, global SaaS company and at a public company) is preferred
- Familiarity with applicable laws that impact vendor agreements and ability to explain the implication to internal business partners
- Prior experience with selecting and implementing a contract lifecycle management tool a plus
Interpersonal Skills and Competencies:
- Enthusiasm for implementing scalable processes, intellectual curiosity for understanding how companies use technology and an energy for the challenges of serving a dynamic, high-growth company
- Self-driven individual who can work independently and is able to prioritize and manage multiple matters simultaneously in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A creative thinker who is comfortable with change and ambiguity and able to build scalable processes from the ground up
- Capable of quickly identifying and resolving issues, including balancing legal and business risks and giving clear and concise business and legal advice, in order to drive matters to close
- Effective communication of complex business and legal issues to business leaders
- Continuous improvement view of procurement processes
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality of work product, and exceptional communication and negotiation skills
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.