Tech Support Engineer | 24584
Senior Technical Support Engineer
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer to capitalise on the company’s momentum. The ServiceNow enterprise IT Service Management platform combines ITIL process support and SaaS delivery to provide a flexible, intuitive and self-managing application in the cloud.
What you get to do in this role:
- Providing support to users/administrators of our platform. Supporting and contributing to the growth of best practices for delivery of support services.
- Understanding our platform, Cloud technologies and troubleshooting practices to ensure successful resolution of challenging technical situations.
- Acting as a customer advocate, prioritizing and managing assigned incidents and escalations in queue with little or no supervision.
- Engaging with the cross functional teams like operations and engineering to build, drive and improve tools and processes for quicker issue resolution.
- This includes being the last point of escalation within the customer support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies.
Qualification & Experience
- Must have Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent degree and experience)
- 5+ years providing customer facing technical support (Web based products or e-commerce preferred)
- Candidates with lesser experience will be considered for appropriate roles.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Must have experience installing, implementing, or maintaining one (or more) of the following:
- LDAP/Active Directory
- SSO (e.g. SAML, SiteMinder)
- Email Infrastructure
- Web Services (consuming or providing) (SOAP, REST)
- Data Extraction Technologies (e.g. JDBC, ODBC)
- Network infrastructure
- Any bi-directional, automated integration between two systems
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack
- Experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience administering: Linux/Unix OR Microsoft Server
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical systems
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanour when handling complex customer & internal issues
- An understanding of ITSM, ITIL, or CMDB
- Previous experience working with the ServiceNow platform (in particular Authentication/Email/Web Service/Import/Export configurations)
- Experience working with cloud based software like Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Okta
- Familiarity with Eclipse IDE
- Experience troubleshooting and optimising web application performance
- Previous experience in software development or software consulting.
- Experience providing SaaS support is desirable.
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in these technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of customers globally. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we grow.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.