Senior Technical Support Engineer | 25581
Job Title: Senior Technical Support Engineer
Job Location: San Diego, CA
This position reports to: Manager, Technical Support
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
What you get to do in this role:
Technical Support Engineers are responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues for the ServiceNow platform. This includes being the first point of escalation within the technical support department as well as providing regular communication updates to customers on the progress of their requests/incidents. The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform. This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong inter-personal and customer service skills in addition to strong technical skills.
In order to be successful in this role, the right candidate will have:
Understanding of SQL and database concepts
- Working knowledge of Web Technologies (Apache, Tomcat, HTML, XML, JSON)
- Understanding of remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI, Powershell
- Understanding of Networking concepts including TCP/IP, HTTP, concepts of firewall, load balancer and ports
- Familiarity with VMware, AWS, Azure, Event Management Systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise software application support
- Demonstrated experience understanding and troubleshooting solutions in a complex technical environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced high performance environment collaborating with multiple teams
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor and customer focus when handling complex issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in these technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of customers globally. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we grow.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.