Sr. Applications Developer (Full Stack) | 23798
Job Title: Sr. Applications Developer (Full stack/Frontend)
Location: Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Senior Manager, Applications Development
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Sr Applications Developer, you will be a key member of the Applications Development group with the opportunity and responsibility to design and develop these solutions to be the best implementation the industry. In this hands-on role, you will work closely with the product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation and delivery of high quality product to our users. You will be working in a collaborative team using agile software development methodology. Your design and implementation will also need to ensure security, integrity and consistency of critical user and customer data.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing software
- Great plus if you are a UI expert and know React and CSS well
- Care about performance & has experience scaling Apps
- Knows or wants to learn how to translate business problems into software & technical requirements
- Likes to write code that works well, takes pride in code working correctly the first time
- Likes to write code from the foundation up i.e. has a natural tendency to build the core piece and layer on capabilities step-by-step
- Cannot imagine anything other than an Agile development environment
- Experience with database design schemas and data modeling
- Can use Eclipse IDE, GIT, Maven, Ant and Jenkins or equivalent or work with those that do
- Adept at diagnosing complex issues and troubleshooting code
- Has high coding standards & can maintain them even when the pressure is on
- Is a developer at heart & thinks OO first
- Has a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.