Digital Marketing in-house Translator (German language) | 22264
Job Title Digital Marketing in-house translator (German Language)
This position reports to: Localisation Program Manager
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
The Digital Marketing Translator is the Linguistic Lead for German, driving all programs that are associated with translation, transcreation, QA, corpus building and arbitration, among others; collaborating with internal and external teams to ensure optimal user experience for our users in Germany, capturing the voice and tone of ServiceNow and reflecting it in all outputs. She/he will be working with cross functional groups to ensure the process runs smoothly and on schedule, and driving collaborative terminology discussions and propose and implement recommendations.
- Translate website and marketing materials from English to German language, review current localized material for accuracy and fluency, and validate vendor translations ensuring they are on-brand, on message and follow the stylistic and linguistic guidelines.
- Document changes and relevant information related to Translation tasks (e.g. Requirements, Designs, e-mails, defects, Error information, etc.). Conduct reviews, revisions, manage approval, publishing, and communication flows of the documentation. Manage documentation library.
- Review feedback from in-market partners, capture and document stylistic choices, and communicate them out to partners, marketing and stakeholder teams.
- Collaborate with Testing Manager to implement Quality Assurance and process improvement activities; as well as Program Management teams to ensure effective translation workflow.
- Research, compile and learn business, tools and technical terminologies. Proactively participate and drive innovation and efficiency.
- Become our Brand advocate and expert by interacting with in-country teams (Support Engineers, Product Marketing, Campaigns, Sales, Account Development Reps, and others) to understand the market and effectively convey ServiceNow information in the cultural, linguistic and business context of the target audience.
- Guide website publishing and development teams on locale-specific requirements and linguistic specifications for German
- Assist local teams in customizing web experience for their local target audiences.
- Participate in training and on-boarding vendors, contractors and co-workers, providing linguistic support.
- Be an internal and external advocate for the user and User Experience. Strengthen ServiceNow digital presence and customer satisfaction in the target markets you support.
Candidate should be able to perform linguistic assessment, issue escalation, reporting and resolution; as well as assisting with quick-turnaround translations, maintain style guides and glossaries. Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and meet the deadlines is required.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Degree in Applied Linguistics or Translation preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience in IT subject matter
- Experience translating cloud computing materials preferred
- Eligibility to work in the Ireland
- Native speaker of German language and proficiency in English both in written and spoken is required
- Advanced knowledge of XTM and other computer aided translation tools and systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (focus on Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Cloud TMS knowledge is desirable
- Knowledge of ITIL, cloud computing and SaaS domains and terminology would be advantageous
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.