Staff Accountant | 23231
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Accounting Manager
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
What you get to do in this role:
- Ensure compliance with Company accounting policies and proper application of generally acceptable accounting principles
- Review functional area purchase requisitions under the Company’s guidelines and convey the accounting interpretations and rules to non-accounting business partners
- Be a strategic business partner to help drive accurate and timely reporting of key financial metrics
- Partner with cross-functional groups to ensure spending is properly captured (via open PO accruals, etc.)
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close activities
- Post JE’s and reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Prepare fluctuation analyses and summarize insightfully in management reporting decks
- Coordinate accounting matters with other departments
- Prepare supporting documentation for annual audits and quarterly reviews as required for our external auditors
- Participate in various ad-hoc/special projects involving our enterprise accounting and reporting system
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, required
- 5+ years of accounting experience, CPA preferred
- Big 4 Experience a plus
- Preference for candidates with working knowledge of SAP
- Solid understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited procedures currently exist;
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.