CMDB and Asset Analyst | 29742
Location Hyderabad, India
This position reports to: Senior Manager, Asset and Configuration Management team
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
About the Position:
As part of the Tech Ops Now on Now, Asset and Configuration Management team, the CMDB Analyst position is responsible for process and operational activities of ServiceNow’s Configuration Management and Asset respositories. The primary responsibility is centered around our Enterprise CMDB with a secondary focus of our Asset Repository/AMDB.
The ideal candidate will need to work mostly during India business hours but a portion of time during California business hours.
What you get to do in this role:
- Ensure that the CMDB is accurate and in sync with the Asset Repository
- Maintain configuration items associated with ServiceNow’s global IT internal infrastructure, endpoints, services and applications, including Service Mapping (CI Relationships)
- Support activities to identify data quality issues for CIs throughout their lifecycle
- Perform key Business/Technical Analysis and document findings at both high-level strategy and detailed level
- Leverage our Configuration Management plan for the effective management our CMDB
- Update CMDB/AMDB according to submitted ticket requests & CMDB/AMDB policy, process and procedures
- Create reports and dashboards to support governance of KPIs
- Partner with ITOM, ITAM, and ITSM teams on cross-functional activities and touchpoints
- Perform transaction activities to procure, assign, deploy, or recover IT assets (hardware/software) based on requirements.
- Maintain an inventory of IT assets within the appropriate management systems and ensure assets are properly documented (i.e. serial number, asset tag, name, etc.)
- Analyzing data and creating reports
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Exceptional organization, communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts
- Experience with ITIL / CMDB and Asset Management implementations
- Utilize effective project management techniques to organize initiatives and to ensure quality
- Background in ServiceNow ITOM, ITSM and ITAM applications or equivalent technologies
- A strong background in system-level thinking and design
- A good history of collaborating effectively across large engineering teams
- Experience working in agile environments
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications including: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A minimum of 8 years of Information Technology experience is required
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience with CMDB, global infrastructure, and associated technologies is required
- 2 years of Asset Management experience is preferred
We provide competitive pay rates and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative work environment that provides workers the opportunity to work with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [email@example.com] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.