Manager, Now Platform | 24261
Manager, Now Platform
Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
Platform CoE Leader needed to revolutionize ServiceNow internal platform for its business users and developers. In need of a candidate to develop and lead strategy to enable high-tech workforce. To build and maintain a performant platform for fast growing business. To drive and adopt latest products and features from ServiceNow platform through upgrade. To ensure the implementation quality among all internal developer workforce. To develop internal tools to improvement productivity, quality, velocity for platform users. Requires depth and/or breadth of platform expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. Opportunity to build and lead a team of architect, analyst, and developers.
This is an exceptional opportunity to transform the way a company works, create the vision and deliver on how to make work, work better for our employees.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build and maintain a performant platform for fast growing business demands.
- Drive and adopt latest product and feature from ServiceNow platform through major upgrades and patches.
- Ensure the implementation quality among all internal developer workforce.
- Develop internal tools to improvement productivity, quality, velocity for platform users.
- Deliver outcomes; Define, manage, and deliver capability for platform solution.
- Be proactive; identify and recommend creative ideas to improve employee experience
- Become a trusted advisor; Partner with senior business leads to understand their operational issues and opportunities (business processes) and create technical solutions to scale business operations and ensure compliance.
- Drive results; own the portfolio of projects, and lead projects to achieve desired goals and benefits aligned to planned timelines and budgets.
- Own Metrics; beat metrics for the organization, and employee experience, and continuously evolve
- Manage teams; skill sets, portfolio allocation, support, etc.
- Provide leadership and establish a culture that continuously strives towards best practice and excellence.
- Be a thought-leader and influencer; influence and coach IT personnel and the business.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- At least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in Application Development with 5+ years in ServiceNow platform
- Has experience delivering critical products or mission-critical services in a leadership role in either IT or development. Has a proven record of having overcome crises and difficult situations.
- Knowledge of the overall business operating models and underlying technical architecture.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to influence, guide and convince; has a history of having been a thought-leader who people follow and admire
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering business outcomes leveraging technology
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.