Linux Systems Administration Manager | 24484
Linux Systems Administration Manager
ServiceNow makes work, work better for people.
We’re one of the world’s fastest growing cloud SaaS companies and revolutionising the world of work.
Our product, the Now platform is the intuitive, intelligent cloud platform for work that was built with a focus on people. It delivers digital workflows that automate previously manual processes across a whole business ecosystem, from HR, customer service, IT service management, operations, security and more, creating not only a great employee experience but also improving performance and efficiency.
Who are the Cloud Infrastructure Operations Team?
Based in Staines, this team is a critical part of the Global Support function, made up of the Systems Administrators who support and maintain the daily operational infrastructure of our SaaS applications, across multiple data centers. They build and operate the server infrastructure that runs our platform at scale with high availability.
As a Linux Systems Administration Manager, you will...
- Lead and manage a team of Systems Administrators providing mentorship and guidance.
- Act as an escalation point for any issues and form sustainable resolutions that meet the team’s SLA’s.
- Manage team responsibilities regarding datacenter infrastructure and microservice clusters integrated with the ServiceNow Platform including Big Data, Machine Learning, Security Key Management, Image Processing, and Queueing Systems.
- Refine our standard operating procedures and runbooks; improve our tools and processes such as event monitoring and automation. Potentially even introduce new tools to improve team efficiency.
- Collaborate with internal teams on recurring problems and create edge cases for implementation-based issues.
- Document and maintain relief and resolution guides in knowledge articles and standard operating procedures.
- Participate in a collaborative global management team running 24x7 Follow-the-Sun operations.
We are looking for someone with...
- People management experience, and of a technical operations team such as System Administration, DevOps, or SRE.
- Solid experience with Linux (RedHat and/or CentOS)
- Experience administering fundamental internet services (DNS, Mail, Apache/Tomcat) with a good understanding of the LAMP stack.
- Ideally some experience with service troubleshooting covering things like web front-end, systems, databases and networks.
- Ideally you would have some familiarity with MySQL, Oracle, MariaDB or similar technologies
- Experience managing projects across geographical regions.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in an open, collaborative and dynamic team environment.
- It would be a great benefit if you had an understanding of ITIL v3 framework and how it applies to incident, problem and change.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.