Senior Staff Software Engineer - Java JVM/JDK | 23178
Job Title: Senior Staff Software Engineer - Java JVM/JDK
Location: San Diego, CA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Come join the Platform Engineering team and work with a talented group of developers building out next generation technologies in the ServiceNow cloud platform. This team is responsible for the innovation, features, and architecture that make ServiceNow a powerful platform used by many Fortune 500 companies.
You will have an opportunity to be part of a world class engineering organization that takes pride in building extensible and resilient engineering solutions and delivers an outstanding experience for our customers.
What you get to do in this role:
- Help drive the strategy for our JVM and JDK implementations that impact a large number of enterprise applications serving hundreds of thousands of transactions per second
- Lead efforts to further scale our JVM runtime at one of the fastest growing and most innovative technology companies
- Experience working with enterprise DevOps teams to deploy solutions across vast distributed systems
- Design and build new tools to automate performance analysis, profiling, and deployment of JVM infrastructure
- Analyze and improve performance of the platform at OS, JVM, and application levels
- Direct involvement in the full development cycle from initial planning and code development to deployment and verification
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Exceptional C++ programming skills
- Proficient in Java programming skills
- Firm understanding of Java Virtual Machine (JVM) implementation that includes memory profiling, performance tuning, garbage collection algorithms, and multithreading
- Firm understanding of JVM internals such as JIT compilation, object allocation/collection, and Java memory concepts
- Experience performing analysis of performance issues, memory leaks, database connectivity, and intermittent failures in production environments
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.