Legal Counsel - Procurement | 28623
Legal Counsel - Procurement
Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are seeking an outstanding attorney with 3+ years of experience to join our dynamic legal team as Legal Counsel - Procurement. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Director of Legal, Procurement. The position will play a key role in working with cross-functional teams to help streamline, automate, and scale ServiceNow’s global procurement function. The position requires a team player who will provide careful work product with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. The position will be located in Santa Clara, California.
What you get to do in this role:
- Support Global procurement efforts by reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of inbound commercial contracts.
- Serve as an important liaison between ServiceNow’s business units and the Legal Department with regards to procurement of goods and services.
- Provide advice on procurement contract matters and enhance the legal review process and improve templates.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard forms of agreement, playbooks, and legal processes.
- Work on matters with high visibility to support key strategic business objectives, including worldwide education of legal and business teams regarding procurement, privacy issues, contract interpretation and dispute management best practices.
- Support ServiceNow’s culture of innovation by preserving the value of ServiceNow’s intellectual property and proprietary information.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Undergraduate and law degrees from accredited schools.
- Current member of California State Bar.
- 3+ years of relevant legal procurement experience within an in-house legal department.
- Experience in negotiation of complex procurement contracts and related matters, including master agreements, statement of works, and order forms.
- The ability to manage global process change to mature procurement risk management and drive execution of strategic objectives.
- Exceptional critical thinking abilities and must be able to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and pivot between responsibilities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- The ability to effectively communicate legal recommendations and analysis to business teams across the enterprise, building a reputation as a valued business partner providing practical, business-oriented guidance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to foster trust, respect, and collaboration with internal clients.
- A desire to make a positive impact within a quickly growing organization.
- The ability to be a self-starter and to prioritize workloads to set goals and meet deadlines.
- Proficient drafting and legal technical skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Internet, software and technology industry experience highly desirable.
- Understanding of data privacy and commercial law related to procurement.
- Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements and supporting multiple business units.
- A love of learning new things, great judgment and a sense of humor.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.