Sr. User Experience Designer – Digital Talent Experiences | 24345
Sr. User Experience Designer – Digital Talent Experiences
ServiceNow’s purpose is to make the world of work, work better for people. Our team’s purpose is to make the world of work, work better for our employees! Come join the Digital Talent Experience team and help us create amazing digital experiences for our 10,000 people worldwide. We are Customer Zero.
The perfect candidate is bold, curious, and empathetic. You are an innovator that puts the end user’s voice at the center of everything you do. A highly matrixed environment is where you thrive, and you get things done by breaking down silos and collaborating across boundaries.
Senior User Experience Designers work hand in hand, often pairing, with other members of product teams to bring products to life.
The Sr. UX Designer is responsible for designing intuitive, quality products through collaboration with end users and modern software development teams. Sr. Designers work directly with end users to collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data through formal research. This information is used to inform product-related hypotheses, recommendations, and ultimately user stories in the product backlog.
Some travel will be required.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Planning & Analysis:
- Communicates with key user and operational groups to understand business needs
- Elicits ideas and assists team members with gaining shared understanding, and aligns the product team and stakeholders
- Presents design concepts, user needs, and design rationale to multidisciplinary teams, as well as to key stakeholders and business partners
Delivery & Execution:
- Analyzes user experience data and provides recommendations to address business needs
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (engineering, product management and partners) to design solutions
- Creates designs such that information is easy to find, consume, and understand
- Communicates ideas and designs to end user and product team members
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
YOU MUST HAVE:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in one or more of the following disciplines: user research, interaction design, information architecture, visual design; exposure to and interest in growing in the others
- Experience translating user needs into visual assets, rapid prototyping and visualization
- Experience analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data and presenting findings and recommendations
- Experience leveraging research and usability strategy deliverables such as discovery findings, mental models, scenarios, user journey maps, personas, debrief documentation, screeners, testing plans, task lists, low and high-fidelity prototypes, annotated wireframes, and/or clickable prototypes
- Experience with approaches to translating findings into tangible designs such as heuristic reviews, usability testing, web metrics data, field research, quantitative surveys and user interviews
- Proficiency in using style guides, iconography, and/or typography
- Experience working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional modern software design and development team
- End user centricity: spending time with end users in the wild to understand defined and latent needs; work with technical leads and UX leads to prioritize backlog
- Deep understanding and perspective on emergent technologies and how they shape and inform next generation products
- Demonstrated leadership experience setting the vision and building, leading and motivating product management teams
- Leads by example with creativity, critical thinking innovation and influencing skills
- Experience in interacting with internal business units and acting as an evangelist for the product vision
- Able to work effectively in a matrix environment; demonstrated experience working with teams in engineering, R&D, product, strategy, field etc., using creative approaches to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong persuasion and influencing abilities and leadership presence
- An excellent motivator who is charismatic, willing to take action and confident
- Ability to encourage confidence in others
- Recognized self-starter who enjoys a dynamic environment and seeks the challenge of winning in a rapidly growing company
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.