Director, Content Editor Now on Now | 30890
Job Title: Director, Content Editor Now on Now
Location(s): Santa Clara
Now on Now is how we use our own products at ServiceNow, or we like to call it, drinking our own champagne. Our products help our customers drive digital transformation across their company by using the Now Platform and using our IT, Employee and Customer workflows to increase productivity and deliver great experiences for our employees, partners and our most important asset…our customers. Our customers are inspired by us sharing our stories on how we are using our own products.
The Now on Now Editorial Director is a new role and they will be responsible for platform-wide editorial executions reporting to the head of our world-class Now on Now program. The successful candidate is a high-energy, self-starter with an established, documented competence in the communications space. You like to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. The successful candidate thinks strategically and possesses a strong ability to conceptualize, develop, drive, coordinate and manage a wide range of content and communications. In particular they will be experienced in giving voice to executive leaders in technology. The successful candidate will manage a team of writers and presentation specialists to produce narratives that elevate the Now on Now story.
Ideal candidates are avid consumers of content with strong project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, which will be critical to working successfully across multiple departments. Also, experience in developing relationships with internal partners, working with different publishing mediums, and making sound editorial decisions is required.
We have a world class Now on Now program at ServiceNow and looking for a seasoned leader to partner closely with internal exec leadership across the company along with internal service owners to capture the essence of how we are using our own products internally. This role will work closely with our internal teams who are using are our products, Communications to promote our stories, Marketing and product marketing managers, Sales Operations to share our stories, and Professional Services to ensure we are sharing our stories with all groups that touch customers.
- Act as Editor-in-Chief and "chief storyteller" by defining big themes, stories, and narratives of Now on Now messaging
- Develop and communicate a global content strategy which supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why
- Ensure all content is on-brand and consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print and in-person
- Develop and publish a functional global content calendar
- Be an arbiter of best practices in messaging, writing and style
- Working with Marketing Operations team, define and publish key metrics for measuring the ROI of content across all channels.
- Gather data, oversee analytics and make recommendations
- Develop standards, systems and best practices (both people and technology) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies
- Develop and oversee the execution of compelling content that will engage ServiceNow customers to support the Now on Now vision.
- Oversee content and event calendars including planning, logistics, blogs, social media channels, videos, infographics, etc.
- Collaborate and interact directly with leaders and service owners to represent their stories in an authentic style while organizing the content efficiently for easy consumption by internal and external targeted audiences.
- Manage creation and maintenance of CIO communication materials, including presentations, web content, case studies, video scripts, etc.
- Partner closely with teams across the company to continuously improve the quality, reach and overall impact of Now on Now content.
- Actively engage in social media (internal/external) to promote Now on Now content and brand.
- Stay current with up-and coming digital trends.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in content publishing or corporate communications
- Ability to work across multiple departments
- Proven ability to drive strategy and execution of large and complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Strong project management background
- Proven track record of having strategic dialogue with customers and the CxO level
- Strong leadership skills and proven track record of managing a creative team
- Great at building relationships and building trust
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- ServiceNow experience is a plus, but not required
- BS/BA required in Communications, Marketing or 15 years related experience; MBA a plus, but not required
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.