Sales Operations Specialist | 29443
Job Title: Sales Operations Specialist
Location(s): Waltham, MA; San Diego, Vienna, VA (preferred location is either Waltham, MA or San Diego, CA)
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Sales Operations supports an extremely fast-paced, hungry and humble sales team. We are the central nervous system; providing critical support, including the facilitation of non-standard approval requests, ensuring laser accuracy of order forms, reporting and analytics of our pipeline, as well as timely closure of opportunities.
The buck stops with us, and so we are looking for a team-player who is extremely detail-oriented, driven and ready to work hard in a fast-paced sales environment. This is an internal support role and not quota carrying, but it is still critical as the success of our sales team depends, in large part, on the effort of the Sales Operations Specialist.
What you get to do in this role:
- Directly support the MedSLED Sales Team in the end to end sales cycle for our Healthcare, Government and Higher Education customers and prospects
- Be a product, pricing and policy subject matter expert, as well as the main point of contact for approximately 10-15 Sales Reps
- Advise the sales force in subscription software sales transactions
- Review Order Forms for accuracy and completeness
- Take proactive measures for renewals, ensuring all critical steps are completed with enough lead time for an on-time renewal
- Ensure all Orders are approved within pricing and discount policies
- Facilitate requests for nonstandard deal related items to Deals Desk, Finance and Legal as needed, to secure appropriate approvals
- Critical role in interfacing with Order Management team to ensure 100% accuracy of documentation and timely closure of booked sales opportunities in the ServiceNow sales automation tool
- Help enforce sales forecasting best practices, attend regional forecast calls and perform pipeline analysis to ensure forecast accuracy
- Analyze and review current customer licensing, products and usage
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 2-4 years of proven Sales Operations experience in a software sales organization, including software contract renewals
- 2-4 years supporting transactions with Government customers. [Advanced understanding of Government contract vehicles and procurement processes is a PLUS]
- Experience supporting partner/reseller transactions (i.e. indirect transactions)
- Understanding of partner registration process, Master Ordering Agreement (MOA), Master Subscription Service Agreement (MSSA) and other legal documents is a PLUS
- Experience with a CRM and CPQ system (including review of order forms, purchase orders and other transactional documents)
- Experience supporting the sales planning cycle is a PLUS
- Strong reporting skills are a PLUS
- Extremely strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and quickly shift tasks to prioritize/meet business needs
- Previously been in a direct support role for Sales Reps and Sales Territories
- Strong listening and analytic skills
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Team Player with positive attitude ready to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in PPT, Word, and Excel
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.