Corporate Counsel | 22638
Corporate Counsel – Patents
Location: Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are seeking an outstanding attorney with 6-8 years of patent development and strategy experience to join our dynamic legal team. The successful candidate will be located in Santa Clara, California, reporting to the Vice President, Legal Intellectual Property. The position will be primarily responsible for providing legal support related to organic and inorganic patent development. The position requires a team player who will provide careful work product with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
What you get to do in this role:
- Conduct invention disclosure sessions with development team.
- Manage patent prosecution worldwide.
- Assist with patent acquisition efforts.
- Assist with patent assertions, licensing, and litigation matters.
- Assist with providing IP support on strategic company agreements.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Undergraduate and law degrees from highly regarded schools.
- Current member of a state bar in good standing.
- USPTO registration.
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department of a software or technology company.
- At least 5 years of patent-prosecution experience, preferably with at least two years of in-house experience with a software or technology company.
- A strong interest in technology and a computer science background or significant technology aptitude.
- Ability to independently investigate and understand new technologies, functionality, sales models and company strategies.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting and communication skills with the ability to foster relationships and collaborate with internal clients.
- Highly motivated professional with a desire to make a positive impact within a quickly growing organization.
- Smart, flexible and creative thinker who finds solutions to problems within the letter of company policies, risk exposure and the law.
- Self-starter able to prioritize workload to set goals and meet deadlines in a fluctuating and sometimes ambiguous business environment.
- A technical background, such as IT, programming or engineering experience or studies.
- Comprehensive understanding of the enterprise IT industry, particularly with regard to cloud computing and software businesses.
- A love of learning new things, great judgment and a sense of humor.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.