Staff Performance Engineer - Quality Engineering | 30121
Staff Performance Engineer - Quality Engineering
This position reports to: Manager of Quality Engineering
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Staff / Lead Performance Engineer – Quality Engineering, you will be a key member of our Cloud Platform team driving the quality of our products and services to the next level. You will work within our agile software development process and have an important impact on the services being built by the Platform User Experience team.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Hands-on experience creating load and performance scenarios driven by user behaviors and patterns
- Ability to design and script out complex performance tests using tools such as Jmeter
- Demonstrated management / leadership skills in both strategy and tactical
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug application and server errors and logs and triage accordingly
- Conduct system setup and configuration of multi-node application and database environments
- Ability to communicate, present and summarize performance findings for technical and management staff as well as provide roadmaps and vision along with driving execution
- Used performance monitoring and debugging tools
- Drive performance improvements and best practices
- Experience with relational and flat database architecture and schema designs (i.e MySQL / Oracle)
- 4+ years professional experience in quality/performance engineering or application development.
- MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Nice to have:
- Ability to extend performance-testing frameworks.
- Experience with the agile methodology for software development teams.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment and automation tools (e.g. Jenkins).
- Experience with Linux / UNIX and Apache WebServer/Tomcat platform based deployments
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals’ strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented people in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.