Staff Quality Engineer - Cloud Platform | 25355
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Staff Quality Engineer – Cloud Platform you will be a key member of the Cloud Platform Development team driving the quality of our products and services to the next level. You will work within our agile software development process and have an important impact on the cloud platform team. You will have the opportunity to work with the performance and quality testing frameworks and tools such as Java, Jenkins, Selenium Webdriver and more.
The ideal candidate must have passion for building and applying tools that measure the characteristics of complex systems running functional and systems validation, under dynamic, real-world loads. You will work in a fast-paced, innovative environment that allows direct influence on the organization and our most important customers. Strong background in cloud data applications, test-to-customer experience; functional quality & test execution.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 8+ years of experience developing or testing large scale web-based distributed applications (one or more of: Apache/Tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic, and WebSphere) in a Unix environment
- Experience with running and/or building applications on AWS and/or Azure a must
- Extensive development & testing on a Saas, Paas, or Native Cloud Application Infrastructure
- Building customer applications service now products, real world workloads;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Candidate must be a good team player with solid attention to detail, and the ability to work well in a collaborative; cross-functional & cross-geographical engagement team environment
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science with solid experience developing and deploying mission critical software
- Strong accountability and mentorship responsibilities with peers and directs
- Proven ability to think of customer values and related competency of test cases; with proven ability to provide visibility – not just testing, but ability to draw the data out.
- Experience leading software projects, with proven project management skills, and can take delegations from management to help drive daily activities on assigned project(s), strongly desired.
- Strong experience with performance and stress testing tools and approaches for driving realistic customer simulations
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.