Sr. Legal Counsel | 33458
Job Title: Senior Legal Counsel – ANZ
Location: Sydney or Melbourne Australia
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We believe that diversity, inclusion, and belonging are essential to who we are, how we’ll grow, and how we’ll innovate. We remain hungry and humble. We have high expectations, and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better. We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
This is a new role on our growing Legal team. ServiceNow is seeking a talented, highly motivated, team player to serve at the Sr. Corporate Counsel level supporting enterprise sales for ServiceNow. This is a great opportunity to work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position and is based in either our Sydney or Melbourne offices in Australia.
- Review and negotiate complex enterprise customer sales agreements that meet the company’s requirements under its policies, including those for risk tolerance, while working collaboratively with the business team, including various executives.
- Collaborate with finance, sales operations, deal desk, product operations, support, security and other business units at all levels throughout the organisation to ensure that agreements adequately protect the company’s interests.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard forms of agreement and legal processes.
- Be a trusted business partner, responding in a timely and productive manner to requests from internal customers.
- Counsel internal customers regarding company policies, legal issues, and risk tolerance.
- Occasional travel within Australia and to the US and Asia for customer and other business meetings.
- Admitted to practice law in Australia and currently holding a practicing certificate.
- 10+ years’ post admission experience.
- In-house commercial contracting experience dealing with SaaS or software licensing transactions and supporting a large and dynamic sales organization.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills, and a talent for non-confrontational, win-win negotiations.
- Exceptional critical thinking abilities, who possesses strong business acumen and excellent business judgment; must be able to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and pivot between responsibilities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to distill complex issues clearly and communicate well both one-on-one and in groups, and in internal and external contexts.
- Desire for close collaboration with sales and sales support to close deals efficiently, with a practical approach.
- Proficient drafting and legal technical skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Working knowledge or experience working in an international context, in particular transactions with entities in other Asia-Pacific jurisdictions.
- Firm understanding of revenue recognition principals and transfer-pricing.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [[email protected]] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.