Staff Mobile Build and Release Engineer | 28884
Staff Engineer - Mobile Build & Release Engineer
Reports to Senior Manager, Build Engineering
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
ServiceNow is the world’s most innovative company, ranked #1 by Forbes. (https://www.forbes.com/innovative-companies/list/?linkId=52304714). We are changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
Join the Mobile Platform team and work with a talented group of developers building out next generation technologies in the ServiceNow cloud platform. Be responsible for the platform innovation, architecture and features, and that make ServiceNow a powerful platform used by many Fortune 500 companies.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
You will build the tools and infrastructure needed to make the mobile team as efficient as possible. You will help keep the mobile CI/CD pipeline running at top speed. We need smart and passionate engineers who are obsessed with squeezing every bit of performance out of a build system. You will ensure our apps are safely delivered to market. You will work side-by-side with app and test engineers to ensure consistent, high-confidence delivery through our CI/CD pipelines. We have a system running today but need to take it to the next level of scale, flexibility and availability. You will have a direct impact in shaping that future.
- Build, maintain and operate our mobile app CI/CD pipelines.
- Create the next generation test infrastructure for our mobile apps, focusing on scalability for a large geographically distributed team.
- Track and monitor build metrics such as code coverage, build times, build queue times, usage/consumption for build agents, and chart them overtime.
- Increase developer and release velocity, improve code health, improve code security by surfacing vulnerabilities, and build developer tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 4+ years of hands-on technical experience
- Experience with CI/CD principles, architecture, and operations
- Experience building infrastructure as code using tools such as Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation, Terraform, or Ansible
- Experience with Jenkins and Jenkins shared libraries (Groovy)
- Experience with containerizing build workloads using Docker and Kubernetes
- Proficiency with all or some of the following languages: Ruby, Groovy, Python
- Experience with macOS and Linux environments.
- Strong knowledge of iOS and Android build systems, log analysis tools, and app signing.
- Experience with Gradle, Maven, and/or CocoaPods dependency management systems.
- Experience with IDEs such as Xcode and Android Studio.
- Experience with automated app deployments to Google Play, Apple App Store, and TestFlight.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.