ITOM Senior Technical Consultant, IT Workflows | 25237
Title: ITOM Senior Technical Consultant, IT Workflows
Location: Remote, USA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Customer Outcomes team at ServiceNow works with customers to help them achieve their business outcomes by providing prescriptive guidance. As part of the Customer Outcomes team, you will work with our customers to drive consumption, adoption, and customer satisfaction and ultimately help our customers grow their business on the ServiceNow platform by getting them to see the value of their ServiceNow investment.
A Senior Technical Consultant is a position in our professional services (Customer Outcomes) organization focused on being the technical expert on the ServiceNow ITOM/ITAM application suite which consists of Discovery, Service Mapping, Event Management, Cloud Management, Orchestration, Hardware Asset Management and Software Asset Management when it comes to best practices and advising customers, employees and partner people on how to best implement within ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
- This role is for a ITOM Senior Technical Consultant, IT Workflows, hence, focuses on the technical and consultative aspects of implementations.
- Lead all technical aspects of project delivery and solution delivery including:
- Application Configuration
- Workflow Configuration
- UI Configuration
- Development of required client specific reporting
- Development of requirement integration components (SSO, LDAP, etc)
- Interface with ServiceNow development and operations teams, to successfully set up the SaaS platform
- Be a key member of the overall implementation project team
- Prepare all client facing and internal deliverables that are technology related
- Mentor client resources in implementation methodology, configuration and best practices for the ITOM/ITAM application suite which consists of Discovery, Service Mapping, Event Management, Cloud Management, Orchestration, Hardware Asset Management and Software Asset Management
- Lead requirement gathering workshops to identify use cases and value-based acceptance criteria,
- Drive the continuous improvements of our implementation methodology and service offerings based on client experiences
- Mentor newer or less experienced Technical Consultants in how to provide high quality consultative engagements.
- Help cultivate and propagate enablement collateral to team members and others within the organization
- Up to 50 travel annually.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has strong technical understanding and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Advanced and current understanding (and practice) in Windows Domain and Unix System Administration. Including the understanding of described domain structures, user permission levels, group policy objects and the execution of SUDO Policies
- Ability to discuss credentials, install a product, troubleshoot permission issues, discuss and troubleshoot network connectivity with network engineers.
- Enterprise architecture domains
- Public Cloud vendors such as AWS/Azure/Oracle/Google and their corresponding API / Java SDK.
- AMZN API, VMware automation, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, integration & automation expertise with orchestration
- Service oriented and distributed application architecture in the enterprise (web services, data access and persistence, client/server, etc)
- Understanding of industry standard protocols such as HTTP, TCP, SNMP, SOAP, and REST.
- Understanding of MIBs/OIDs.
- IT Operations experience in storage, network and compute of enterprise environments
- ITIL / CMDB implementations (CCMDB, UCMDB, etc.)
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.
- Service oriented and distributed application architecture in the enterprise (web services, data access and persistence, client/server, etc.).
- Ability to research and independently learn new technical information in order to perform configuration, operation, or network connectivity of applications, operating systems and network devices.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across multiple stakeholders to ensure an effective CMDB that adheres to governance standards.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) around all key technical decisions during project delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology and proven experience in technical consulting roles
- Experience with managing Event management platforms such as: Netcool, HPOM, BPPM, etc.
- Experience with monitoring platforms such as: SolarWinds, SCOM, Nagios, Dynatrace, etc.
- Understanding of SNMP traps & MIBs/OIDs.
- Intermediate understanding of networking functionality, advanced troubleshooting including the ability to gather and analyse raw event data.
- Intermediate understanding of Network Fault Management and how it relates to the clients’ business. Knowing the right questions to ask and where to get information.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.