Manager, Application Development | 24267
Job Title: Manager, Application Development
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
In this role, you will be responsible for building and leading a team of engineers in the design, development and deployment of cloud applications to automate and integrate a wide range of internal processes on the ServiceNow platform. This role will require you to interface with various internal departments, understand their business needs, collect requirements, write user stories and deliver highly reliable and easy to use solutions that enhance business efficiency. The successful candidate will have an established background in developing mission critical software solutions, a strong technical ability, excellent project management and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class application engineering team.
- Work closely with various departments internally, understand business requirements, and clearly manage expectations
- Assist in collecting requirements and writing meaningful user stories
- Ability to drive roadmap, work across organizational boundaries and exercise appropriate influence to ensure commitment to customers and product quality
- 8+ years experience managing software development teams delivering high quality enterprise ready software
- 7+ years experience with the ServiceNow platform
- Experience in ServiceNow ITSM modules – Incident, Problem, Change, Request Management, Walk-up Experience, Agent Workspace, Agent Intelligence, Service Portfolio Management, On-call Calendar, NotifyNow
- Solid understanding of software development, debugging, testing, and problem solving
- Experience building scalable web services, and distributed applications
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- DevOps and machine learning experience
- Knowledge of web development frameworks
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator and Certified Implementation Specialist
- Experience working with a continuous integration environment
- S or M.S in Computer Science or equivalent
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.