Senior Technical Support Engineer | 24910
Job Title: Staff Tech Support Engineer
Location: Orlando, FL
This position reports to: Manager, Technical Support
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better
What you get to do in this role:
The Staff Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues for the ServiceNow platform. This includes being the last point of escalation within the technical support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies. The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform. This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong inter-personal skills in addition to strong technical skills.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical issues and understand the problem statement.
- Working knowledge of the components in cloud/web applications.
- Strong understanding of the HTTP/HTTPS Request & Response Cycle.
- Working knowledge of networking, Email infrastructure/protocols, Web Services – REST & SOAP, Authentication mechanisms – Single Sign-on, LDAP
- Must have basic object-oriented programming skills (Java strongly preferred.) (not required maybe)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to technical problems.
- Ability to multi-task and work with high-value customer administrators and developers.
- Should be a team player working efficiently in a collaborative environment
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex user issues (difficult customers)
- Experience with enterprise software application support
- Understanding of SQL and database concepts
- A fundamental understanding of IT service management and the ITIL business process.
- Prior United States security clearance a plus
The ideal candidate is a college graduate with a Computer Science degree or equivalent and has some development experience. Strong interpersonal communication skills are essential.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.