Senior Software Engineer | 22723
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to join our team building a new product for the next generation of business process automation. We're challenged to bring the easy to use consumer experience to enterprise software. For decades IT professionals required specialized training in order to administer their enterprise applications. Enterprise software lags behind the intuitive, responsive application environment that employees use in their personal lives. We're changing that. We've brought the consumer shopping experience into the enterprise support ecosystem. Now we're doing the same for enterprise process automation.
In this role you will contribute to the design and development of Flow Designer and help support the the existing graphical workflow engine. As a contributor to the Workflow Team you will be responsible for developing features for the engine that runs Flow Designer. You will help maintain the intuitive drawing interfaces that our customers use to design, automate and manage their business processes. You will be building process visualization and reporting tools and contributing to real-time gauges and dashboards.
To learn more about the Flow Designer check out this link https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/london-servicenow-platform/page/administer/flow-designer/concept/flow-designer.html
To learn more about the Workflow engine on the SNC platform check out this link https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/london-servicenow-platform/page/administer/workflow/concept/c_WorkflowOverview.html
What you get to do in this role:
- Design and Develop Scalable Solutions for the core capabilities of the Workflow Engine.
- Mentor associate developers.
- Support existing architecture, including troubleshooting customer issues, answering customer questions, fixing exiting problems, supporting requirements of other development teams and partners.
- Ensure all deliverables comply with coding and testing standards using GIT and Maven.
- Assess requirements and translate them to sized work tasks in an effort to reliably schedule deliverables.
- Collaborate with UI/UX developers to provide scalable stack solution for our Flow Designer.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years Experience developing scalable applications with Java.
- Demonstrated experience working with relational databases including development, troubleshooting and performance optimization.
- Experience with troubleshooting difficult production issues e.g. memory leaks, network problems, intermittent failures etc.
- Demonstrated ability to digest high-level requirements, transform them to logical and achievable tasks and deliver a reliable, well tested and scalable product.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Cloud Orchestration/Workflow automation or High Availability.
- Experience in SaaS and/or Cloud Infrastructure development.
- BA/BS in computer science, information systems, or related experience.
- Demonstrated success completing complex projects on time.
- Experience with Test Driven Development principles.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.