Staff Software Quality Engineering | 26475
Job Title: Staff Software Quality Engineer
Job Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA (HQ)
This position reports to: Manager, Quality Engineering
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Staff Software Quality Engineer, you will be a key member of the Cloud Applications Development team driving the quality of our products and services to the next level. You will work within our agile software development process and play a key role in release quality. You will combine conventional (Selenium, JUnit, TestNG) test automation with novel and inventive approaches incorporating the entire product life-cycle.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years professional experience in quality engineering/assurance.
- Hands on experience in defining test strategies, test planning and test automation.
- Experience working within a wide variety of automated testing frameworks, including Java, JUnit, Selenium, TestNG and other open-source projects.
- Proven experience in leading quality engineering efforts for an engineering team
- Solid understanding of SDLC concepts.
- Proven ability to learn new tools and technologies with minimal guidance
- Desire to interact with many different software development teams to develop, test, deploy and report on product performance, quality, security and stability.
- Proven experience in leading quality efforts within a scrum team of 4-6 engineers
- Proven ability to drive cross-team technical discussions and decision making
- MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ability to create, execute and maintain scripts and tools for various testing frameworks.
- Experience with the agile methodology for software development teams.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment tools (e.g. Jenkins).
- Understanding of software as a service delivery and/or web-based delivery model
- Experience with relational and flat database architecture and schema designs
- Experience with Linux / UNIX platform-based deployments
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.