Advisory Solution Architect | 23424
Job Title: Advisory Solution Architect
Location: Remote, IL
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We make the world of work, work better for people.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is seeking an Advisory Solution Architect who will be assigned to support one of our largest and most strategic Select Accounts with a large total contract value and significant net new annual contract value growth potential. These major accounts consist of multiple sales territories and therefore have multiple Account Executives and Solution Consultants assigned to the account. Therefore, being able to work successfully within a matrix role and organization is important.
In this role, the Advisory Solution Architect is to act as the overall technical strategist for the sell-to and sell-through activities for the assigned account. You will provide pre-sales support, technical product and architecture advice, on-going communication of the latest ServiceNow solutions and capabilities as well as validate achieved value for purchased products. Additionally, you will be responsible for evangelizing ServiceNow mindshare to our customer community to aide them to evolve their solutions leveraging a ServiceNow First approach, sell effectively to their customers, and extend the ServiceNow value proposition.
This role requires travel within the Americas.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of Solution Consulting or Delivery experience - preferably with a recognized Tier 1 organization
- Experience of working with Service Providers, Outsourcers and Global System Integrators desired
- Experience and understanding of multiple technical domains - application, data, integration, big data, mobility, analytics, etc.
- Excellent understanding of the architectural principles for cloud based platforms that include SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, and automation
- Intrinsically curious and passionate about researching current and emerging technologies and developing innovative solutions
- Strong facilitation skills, to encourage clear articulation of the business issues and effective solution design by the relevant players
- Passion for and demonstrated success understanding and fulfilling internal or external customer needs; maintains a problem-solver mindset
- Sharp business judgment, ability to see "big picture" and to prioritize
- Executive presence, strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive – must thrive in a dynamic environment
- Talented at explaining complex topics clearly and concisely, and effective at providing practical guidance
- Ability to collaborate and interact at multiple levels (Enterprise Architects, Technical Architects, Offering Managers, Directors, VP’s, and CXO’s)
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Computer Science, Engineering etc.
- Experience in any of the key subject areas, with a demonstrated history delivering consulting services across the following:
- Enterprise Architecture (Strategy, Planning, Standards)
- Service Management
- Security and Operations
- Human Resources
- Financial Management
Experience that will help you stand out:
- Experience with the ServiceNow product suite or competitive product suites highly desirable
- A current ServiceNow certification (e.g. Certified System Administrator and/or Certified Implementation Specialist)
- Completion of ServiceNow Domain Separation education within the past year
- ServiceNow platform development experience
- Experience developing on competitive platforms
What you get to do in this role:
- Aligning overall account strategy with customer vision by leading architecture and design engagements on how ServiceNow meets the Business/IT needs for the customer
- Demonstrations of products based upon customers business initiatives or required outcomes focused upon the value the solution delivers
- Scoping and delivering Proof of Concept/Proof of Value engagements with customer
- Staying current on product developments/releases to provide guidance to customer
- Forging trusted advisor relationships at the top levels of the account
- Providing thought leadership and collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure customer success is achieved across the account
- Partnering with Customer Success Executives to ensure customer vision, strategy and alignment
- Participate in and deliver Customer Business Reviews with aligned account teams
- Engaging with customer and cross functional teams post sales to ensure successful transition from sales to delivery
- Assist and perform business value analysis pre-sale with cross functional teams to identify the key value drivers for the customer
- Assist and perform with cross functional teams post-sale to drive business value realization
- Provide mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues within our organization
- Identifying, leading and contributing to the creation of best practices, white papers, workshops, technology days, “lunch and learns” etc.
- Provide oversight on, and ensure successful completion of customer initiatives and any necessary RFx assistance
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.