IT - ServiceNow Applications Administrator | 25005
IT Applications Administrator
Santa Clara, USA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are seeking Enterprise Apps Administrator for the day-to-day execution of Application Administration responsibilities of Service Now IT Applications. The primary objectives of this position are deployment, maintenance, performance tuning, troubleshooting and access administration for multiple ServiceNow applications, including Production and other sub-prod environments.
What you get to do in this role:
- Manage complete lifecycle of production/sub-production environments including necessary configurations and integrations, application admin activities (operational, migrations, and upgrades)
- Analyze incidents to identify application and system problems and possible solutions in a timely and accurate manner
- Assists in troubleshooting of performance, integration and user management issues by digging into application and system logs
- Assists in the maintenance and administration of user profiles including groups and role management
- Develops procedures and scripts for monitoring and automation of manual processes
- Engage with product engineering and support teams to troubleshoot issues and any planned activities
- Follow ITSM processes for Incident, Request and Change management process
- Maintain system documentation for configuration and troubleshooting of known issues
- Work closely with other admins and teams including US teams, to support delivery of related tasks successfully
- Come-up with best practices for Admin operations and enhancements based on lessons learnt
- Participate in Change Advisory Board meetings to understand deliverables and timelines for admin activities
- Co-ordinates and executes Go-Live activities
- Follows SOX controls and helps collect data for periodic review
- Support requirement during off hours and weekend support, when required
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years information technology industry experience with focus on Application Administration
- 2+ years as Application Administration experience in cloud platforms including ServiceNow administration experience
- Done Integrations with 3rd party tools using (web services, SOAP, email, etc)
- Proficient in using including MySQL, LINUX commands and developing scripts using shell programing, Python and Java Script
- Experience using and following SDLC methodologies with focus on Agile/Scrum
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Confident and able to multi-task and manage expectations in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Good Understanding of ITIL v3 processes
- ITIL Foundation v3 certification & ServiceNow Administration certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.