UX Designer | 26997
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and become more scalable than ever before. We transform old, manual ways of working into modern digital workflows, so employees and customers get what they need, when they need it – fast, simple, easy.
This role is part of the Experience Organization, which is made up of passionate individuals that drive user research, prototyping, technical writing or experience design activities for a portfolio of our product solutions.
While not mandatory, we do strive to find people with enterprise B2B product experience in one or more of our product domains including IT Security Management, IT Operations Management, Security Operations, HR Service Delivery, Customer Service Management, or Finance & Legal.
Join our team and inspire digital transformations by creating new and compelling experiences for Global 500 companies – enabling people around the world to get more done, faster than ever before!
What you get to do in this role:
- Make a positive impact in the lives of millions by defining the user experience at ServiceNow!
- Work collaboratively inside a cross-functional team, effectively integrating your design expertise inside a truly agile environment, launching radical new solutions in rapid succession to solve long-standing challenges.
- Work closely with product management and engineering, provide your design perspective to help in ensuring a unified and cohesive experience across the ServiceNow ecosystem.
- Conduct user needs assessment, task analysis, and develop user profiles; identify key tasks for user research, competitive analysis, user testing, and develop usability plans.
- Develop high-level task flow content and then use storyboards and other design documents to communicate concepts and vision to others.
- Rapidly iterate theoretical task scenarios, navigation map, flow, and state-transition diagrams to document design decisions.
- Develop UI layouts including controls, labels and graphical elements for software on both mobile and desktop platforms with an eye towards experience unification.
- Participate in documentation development processes such as user experience specifications, testing and evaluation.
- Work closely with product management in UX ideation and innovation.
What you have:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in UX or interaction design with heavy emphasis on solid human-centered design methods
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master's preferred) in interaction design, cognitive science, visual design, game design, cognitive psychology, sociology, or related disciplines
- An inspiring portfolio showing us how you have researched and crafted great experiences, seeing them through to released product
- Experience working in complex, technical environments
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into elegant, intuitive solutions
- Expert with Sketch, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, or other design tools
- Ability to create interactive high-fidelity prototypes in InVision, Axure, Framer, Principle or similar tools
- Ability to promote and champion your design solutions based on reason, research, and data
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills to effectively work with multi-functional and multi-disciplined teams
- Obsessed with the relentless pursuit of UX perfection working inside an iterative and agile development environment
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision in a fluid, fast-paced, and agile environment
- Experience defining or working with a robust design system
- Experience facilitating design thinking workshops
- Experience working with global collaborators across time zones
- Experience in creating content and/or designing with compliance to WCAG 2.0/2.1 AA guidelines
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and an exciting, start-up atmosphere. We are a collaborative and merit driven team, where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers while working with advanced technology and a talented development team, come join us!
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.