Senior Technical Support Manager - Federal | 29828
NOTE: Due to the nature of work related to this position, employee will be required to obtain a Federal Government Clearance. The minimum requirement to obtain this clearance is to be an Australia citizen.
Job Title: Senior Technical Support Manager - Federal
Location(s): Sydney, Australia
ServiceNow is the Enterprise Cloud Company that is changing the way people work. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. Our cloud platform allows enterprises to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
Our platform delivers digital workflows that create great experiences and unlocks productivity. ServiceNow cloud services automate, predict, digitize and optimize business processes and tasks, from IT to Customer Service to Security Operations and to Human Resources, creating a better experience for employees, users and customers while transforming the enterprise.
We've won awards for being the most innovative company on the planet, named as one of the top companies driving organizational digital transformation and were selected to LinkedIn's Top Companies list for 2019. This gives you a glimpse into our culture and the type of talent we look for.
ServiceNow is currently seeking a Senior Manager in our Federal Technical Support team in Sydney, Australia. The successful candidate will manage the Federal team within our Technical Support organization. This includes providing leadership to the team's technical staff, interfacing with Development on customer impacting enhancements and fixes, recruiting and development of support staff, guiding and exceeding team metrics. The successful candidate will also have responsibility for leading efforts in developing and implementing world class technical support services, knowledge base content, best practices and methodologies to deliver unsurpassed service and support.
- Profound knowledge and experience in managing and exceeding Support KPIs and critical Technical Support Metrics including Customer Satisfaction, Time to Relief/Resolution (TTRf/TTR), reducing backlogs., increasing efficiency, and implementing/upholding change management, etc.
- Responsible for People Management, including hiring, improving productivity, promoting employee morale, allocating and utilizing resources efficiently, motivating teams, and managing attrition and training.
- Participate in and provide oversight to Change Management as it relates to Customer and Technical Support.
- Own and bring to conclusion customer escalations by working with cross-teams in Support, Development, and Operations teams
- Drive daily case management success from detection to resolution and dissatisfaction issues for customer accounts leading to ongoing enhanced customer experiences.
- Represent the Platform, Product and ServiceNow effectively with internal and external customers.
- Manage major operations outages and communications to the customers.
- Participate in weekend and holiday on-call rotation as required.
- Evaluate current processes, technology, and organizational skills to identify areas of improvement and opportunities for advancement.
- Lead by example to cultivate and maintain a culture built on teamwork, collaboration, and customer focus.
- Manage to the company’s and department’s vision, goals, mission and values.
- A minimum of 8+ years technical support and service management experience with a minimum of 4+ years in a people management role is required.
- Experience managing enterprise support in a large and complex environment with web-based services and technologies.
- Proven capability of having successfully delivered on support metrics and managing a support team.
- Customer-first mindset and a positive “get it done” attitude are critical success factors for this role.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional internal and external customer care.
- Proven ability to create and implement programs to drive efficient, innovative operations and contain expenses.
- Aptitude with reporting and analytics tools including Tableau and Excel is essential.
- Ability to lead change by effectively building commitment and winning support for initiatives.
- Experience in being a trustworthy leader with a reputation for fairness, dependability and adherence to high ethical standards.
- Strong technical, strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Previous experience in a customer facing support role with exposure to supervisory duties
- Experience working in a web based service and technology environment where web based support programs and tools were a key component to service delivery.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Willing to work On-Call, weekends and holidays as needed
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing cloud software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.