Manager of Software Engineering | 31218
Job Title: Manager, Software Development
Location: Santa Clara
This position reports to: Director, Software Development
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for a Manager Software Development for our Integrations space.
As Manager Software Development, you will...
- Manage software development team in a fast-paced environment
- Lead or facilitate software design and architectural activities
- Provide technical guidance to make software scalable, maintainable, fault-tolerant, resilient, and highly testable with automation
- Create and nurture an environment of consistent learning and growth.
- Use critical thinking skills to solve difficult and sometimes ambiguous problems
- Apply new technologies and innovations to improve platform functionality
- Work closely with product management, design, support and other engineering teams to deliver high-quality software products
- Manage day-to-day activities of the development team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Understand the customer need and factor this into technical decisions.
- Experience leading software development teams in an agile environment
- A passion for technology and solving technical challenges – you will be working on multiple technologies within the stack.
- Strong people management skills with a passion and love of mentoring and providing career development to talented Software Developers.
- Experience improving the operational efficiencies in a team and elevating their performance because of it.
- Great communication skills with the ability to deliver concise, clear messaging, and make confident and swift decisions.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has…
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must have 1+ years of experience leading enterprise software development teams
- Excellent understanding of software design, development, testing, and problem solving
- Demonstrable ability to hire top software engineers and build a productive team
- 10+ years of software development industry experience
- Strong experience with Java, and Web services (like REST, SOAP)
- Strong familiarity with industry standard Web authentication and security frameworks a big plus
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Where you'll get to work
Santa Clara office location is fantastic and include a modern working environment, snacks, drinks and catered happy hours.
The Santa Clara office has a fully loaded (free) gym and have a discounted kitchen on-site.
Why ServiceNow is a great place to work
- A stocked kitchen/café including sodas, snacks, teas and coffee
- A very generous benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance
- An unlimited paid vacation policy that doesn't limit vacation or personal days
- A team that celebrates success.
- An extremely high growth company that truly cares about their customers.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.