Software Engineering Manager - Platform Security | 33759
Manager, Platform Security Engineering
San Francisco, CA
Our team is working to expand our existing cloud based encryption, access controls and key management solutions, to an enriched multi-channel security offering. As the manager of this effort you will
- Work with Product Management to align the team’s structure and priorities with the organizational priorities of the release.
- Ensure critical resources across the organization are available, prepared and set up for success.
- Shield team and effectively manage the inevitable shifts in priority, resource availability and schedule.
- Continuously challenge the status quo of both product and developers.
- Manage team ambition by balancing the drive for on time quality delivery and the need to nurture the creative and innovative spirit of the team.
- Lead by example and continuously research and understand changes in the security landscape and cloud technology.
- Recognize and harness the individual ambition of emerging leaders by creating opportunities and mentor relationships for upcoming engineers.
- Direct Technical Work (You must be fluent in Java)
- Review code and recognize adherence to coding standards and industry best practices.
- Understand and recognize technical implementation of business requirements and breakdown and direct work accordingly.
- Gather and analyze data, trends in customer usage and interaction with product in order to support decisions regarding priority selection, automation choices and technical direction.
- Inform design and architectural decisions with your state of the understanding of networks, algorithms, best practices and deep understanding of user experiences.
- Grow Careers
- Provide useful real-time coaching towards individual goals and company directives.
- Communicate in with structure and planning what individual contributors need to do in order to reach their next career level.
- Constantly check in on work-family balance and coach and encourage achievements accordingly.
- Grow leaders through mentorship and delegation.
- Care deeply about your team.
- Manage Releases
- Work with QE, Release Management, Product Management to organize and monitor the progress of the release.
- Coach leaders on team the art of scrum release management.
- Enthusiastically monitor and respond to all Metrics in a timely and proactive way:
- Customer Issues
- Product Defects
- Feature Request
- Inter team dependencies
- 8+ years in commercial enterprise software development.
- 6+ years of proven leadership in complex cloud technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and lead engineers of all levels.
- 6+ years in a supervisory role of 6+ member team, including remote workers.
- Proven project management that has resulted in on-time quality release into production.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and inspire a highly skilled technical team.
- Attention to detail and deep understanding of cloud and cyber security best practices.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow platform a plus.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Current working knowledge of Security Landscape including RBAC, ABAC, Multi-factor authentication a plus.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.