Site Reliability Engineer | 25085
Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
The candidate will need to be successfully adjudicated for a “Public Trust Position.”
ServiceNow is the Enterprise Cloud Company that is changing the way people work. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprises to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
None of this would be possible without our people. We have Site Reliability Engineer positions available in our San Diego office for those who want to grow with us. Let's get straight to the point.
- know Linux systems in various levels of diagnostics and troubleshooting?
- write code to automate repetitive tasks every time you have to do manual work?
- smile when you troubleshoot and solve an issue in London from your laptop in San Diego?
- accumulate years of experience in roles like Networking, Software Development or Systems Engineering?
Answer 'yes' to these questions and you are in the front row for a position as SRE at ServiceNow. Go ahead, hit the Apply button and let's have a chat about your skills and experiences.
Want to know more about us?
Now that we have set the pace, keep reading if you want to understand more about ServiceNow as a company and the SRE role.
Let’s start with the role
As an Engineer in the SRE team you will:
- Provide relief and sustainable resolution to issues within our infrastructure.
- Use your experience in software development, systems engineering and networking to proactively prevent repeatable issues.
- Drive initiatives with partner teams to improve the reliability and performance of the infrastructure through improved system design.
- Drive a culture of intolerance to manual activity which results in a highly automated environment delivering scalable solutions.
This is what we require. Take note because they are a must-have:
- Deep knowledge of Linux systems.
- Networking skills, IP addressing and routing.
- MySQL database administration, troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Monitoring of large and scalable systems, applications and networks.
- Uncompromising attention to detail.
- Ability to work in shifts that cover one weekend day.
We also have pluses!
These are not a 'must', but please highlight them on your resume if youhave experience in any of the following: cloud architecture, load balancing or web applications engineering. A master's degree in a tech area is also welcome.
Now a bit about the SRE team
The Site Reliability Engineering team is a group of highly technical engineers who are tasked with maintaining and developing the reliability, scalability and performance of the ServiceNow platform and infrastructure. The SRE is empowered to drive technical resolutions across the technology stack from application through to hardware and all levels in between. The ultimate goal of the SRE is to never have to escalate an issue to an engineering or development team and to completely own the resolution of incidents. They are also tasked with driving forward the operability of the platform to drive down thenumber of incidents while also reducing MTTR.
To accomplish this, the team combines software development, networking and systems engineering expertise, and a strong desire to be challenged by problems of scale and complexity to make our servicebetter for our customers.
And finally ServiceNow as a company
You already know that ServiceNow is changing the way people work. Due to the success of our products we are experiencing growth in virtually all areas of our organization.
To sustain our growth, we are looking for drivers - people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in and stand out.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals with strong aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers/engineers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, or on the basis of disability.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.