Product Design Intern | 21197
Product Design Intern
After serving as CTO for Peregrine Systems in San Diego, Fred Luddy started Glidesoft, Inc. in 2003. Glidesoft specialized in IT service management applications based on ITIL standards. In 2006, the company changed its name to ServiceNow. In 2007, ServiceNow reported an annual revenue of $13 million and began serving IT solutions to large companies such as TIAA-CREF, Intel, Staples, Safeway, University of San Francisco, and AstraZeneca.
Product Design Intern
Who we are
Imagine your work day dominated less by emails and spreadsheets and more time given back to you to do your actual job. At ServiceNow, we are making work life more lifelike and changing the way the biggest companies in the world are doing business.
Our technology helps structure and automate the flow of work to streamline the delivery of services across the modern enterprise so that individuals can have everything they need within their fingertips, just like they do in real life.
Why work @ ServiceNow?
Here’s what our interns had to say about working at ServiceNow:
- I was really glad to have a lot of proper, important work directed my way rather than a bunch of busywork and leftover tasks
- A great positive work environment. Everyone is always willing to help out when I have a question.
- I have been able to contribute to my team in a way that doesn t just feel like I’m doing busy work, but that I ve been helping make a real impact on the company.
- I have always said the best aspect of ServiceNow is the people, and that has continued to be true in every department and every team with which I have had the privilege to work with.
- We’re the Design Experience Organization (DEO, for short)!
- We work on some of ServiceNow s highest visibility product offerings that are driving innovation across the company.
- Learn from a team of experts in User Research, UX Design, Visual/Interaction Design, and Front-End Prototyping.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with senior designers on one of our biggest products.
- Creating new concepts with wireframes, producing high-fidelity mockups, writing detailed documentation, and critically assessing designs.
- Experiencing first-hand the creative processes as they exist in an Enterprise software environment.
- Developing your current skills even further and add even more skills to your toolbox by taking on new challenges.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Working towards a degree in the fields of User Experience, Graphic/Visual Design, Cognitive Science, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related disciplines
- Proficient using Sketch, Axure, or other relevant design tools
- Understands user interface design, heuristic methods, or other usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, task analysis, experimental design and statistics
- Knowledge of web and mobile technologies, including social networking and messaging information architecture and other productivity applications
- Open minds and actively seeking feedback and advice from other designers
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team, and bring a willingness to learn through design thinking and execution
- Strong personal commitment to quality
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including the ability to articulate and explain your design decisions
- Expected to demonstrate a high level of initiative, good sense of humor, and a make it work ethos
- A portfolio showcasing their work and/or projects is required
What is it like to work @ ServiceNow?
Career growth is a way of life at ServiceNow; our managers truly develop employees. Add new skills to your resume, take on new challenges and discover your full potential.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or staffing@servicenow. com for assistance.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.