Capacity Engineer | 21920
Job Title: Capacity Engineer
This position reports to: Kelly Roark, Senior Capacity Manager
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Manage, monitor and manipulate the server farm behind ServiceNow’s cloud
- Work directly on/with the servers to enable and optimize capacity utilization for ServiceNow’s customer base
- Enhance processes and tools necessary to simplify and provide consistent project execution
- Provide proactive management and innovation to ensure 100% success of ServiceNow cloud automation
In order to be successful in this role, we’re seeking:
- Basic understanding of CMDB concept (logical representation of the farm)
- Instance topology architecture (APP – DB model)
- Linux SysAdmin skill set with CentOS
- DNS/DHCP understanding
- Storage configuration concepts, configuration, and experience
- Intermediate to advance network troubleshooting skills
- Team collaboration and fit is essential
- Puppet understanding and configuration management
- DELL server hardware and RacAdm command line usage
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.