Senior Information Security Engineer | 24369
Job Title: Senior Information Security Engineer
Location(s): Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Director of IT Security
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We employ the brightest and most forward-thinking Security People on the planet. Come join the IT Security team and make your mark on the cloud!
What you get to do in this role:
- Conduct systems testing to ensure critical vulnerabilities are identified.
- Protect systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Determine security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Implement security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Implement and maintain security controls.
- Work on initiatives to propose, design, configure, implement and test strategic security system solutions to address complex technical and business requirements
- Work on security designs for complex, multi-platform systems.
- Serve as technical and/or project management leadership for large, complex projects using cross-functional teams.
- Provide Levels 2 or Level 3 technical support and after hours on-call technical support.
- Work as a team with your infrastructure and end-user systems partners to remediate vulnerabilities.
- Keep users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- In-depth experience in medium to complex computing environments, with advanced knowledge in security technologies and services
- An understanding of how their specialty works with all other components of IT systems.
- A keen analytical mind for problem solving, abstract thought, and offensive security tactics.
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and oral communication)
- Ability to articulate complex issues to executives and customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Security+, GSEC, GCIH, CISSP certifications are a plus.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.