Director of Networking- Regulated Markets and Azure | 25890
Job Title: Director of Networking- Regulated Markets and Azure
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated leader to join our Cloud Network Engineering team. ServiceNow owns and operates a global cloud footprint of data centers and a highly available network to connect them together.
A new, significant area of engagement for ServiceNow is to address the needs of highly regulated markets such as government and finance. As part of this effort, some of the infrastructure will be deployed onto Microsoft Azure in select markets. The goal of this technical leader is to build a high impact team that can address the unique needs of each market by building and utilizing in-country and global network engineers. Success in this role means addressing the stringent compliance mandates of each market while also adhering to (or evolving) ServiceNow’s network architectural standards. This role will also require building the skills of the team on Azure in addition to networking skills required to build and operate the ServiceNow cloud. Creativity and adaptability are a must as you help drive towards the next evolution of the markets supported by our infrastructure. If the thought of bringing innovation and creativity to one of the premier enterprise cloud networks in the world excites you, then this is the role for you! This role also represents a unique opportunity for an individual to build and drive the team from inception.
What you get to do in this role:
- Primary goal is to build teams that focus on the following;
- Regulated Markets: Each market has unique requirements for compliance and regulations. Ensure all of these are met and maintained on an ongoing basis.
- Microsoft Azure: Manage engineers who are part of the x-organizational engineering team focused on building ServiceNow on Azure. Handle all networking components and requirements for connectivity.
- Architecture Evolution: Partner with the architecture team to drive the evolution of the base network architecture to support the unique needs of regulated and financial markets.
- Serve as a mentor and leader for a team of highly technical network engineers. Understanding the business requirements of the markets and mapping them to technical solutions is key to success in this role. Being an effective and successful people manager is equally important as technical ability.
- Participate in and provide strategic influence to other ServiceNow business leaders.
- Provide regular roadmap updates and highlight significant issues to the VP of Infrastructure. You will be the single source of engineering truth around these efforts.
- Operate in a rapidly evolving environment, adapting quickly to new information and re-prioritizing as needed. Change is a constant at ServiceNow as we support our rapid growth.
- Influence decision making of overall network investments through exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel internationally to engage with in-country engineers and met with regulated market personnel.
- Partner deeply with the Operations organization to ensure they understand and are able to monitor and support the infrastructure deployed for regulated markets.
- Help engineers and managers develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles.
- Assess employee performance frequently, address under-performance, and recognize and promote excellent performance. This includes participation in regular employee assessment checkpoints.
- Work closely with recruiting staff to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates and onboarding new employees.
- Attend and speak at major industry conferences.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years of experience in managing a globally distributed network engineering organization.
- BS or MS in Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- A strong background in network engineering and a deep understanding of core Internet networking technologies: routing, switching, load-balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Working and technical knowledge of Microsoft Azure required. Experience in deploying workloads on Azure strongly preferred.
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management and managing engineers. Maintaining team morale and delivering results are key.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Capable of technical deep-dives into analyzing and determining the root cause of impacting events. Must be able to drive systemic changes with a view towards site reliability
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical issues to varied audiences including senior management
“This position requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication.”
EEOE Statement Section
ServiceNow’s EEOE statement is automatically added to each U.S. based job description.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.