Sr. Manager, Site Reliability Engineering - Federal | 29431
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Site Reliability Engineering - Federal
Location: San Diego, CA
“This position requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication.”
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
ServiceNow is the Enterprise Cloud Company that is changing the way people work. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprises to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
None of this would be possible without our people.
Let's Get Straight To The Point. Do You
- have a technical background in roles like systems engineering or devops?
- know operating systems in various levels of troubleshooting and diagnostics?
- have low tolerance to repetitive tasks and automate your way through work?
- have experience in leading a team of engineers and exposure to people management?
Answer 'yes' to these questions and we want to hear from you.
Hit the Apply button and let's have a chat about the role and your skills and experiences.
Want to know more about us?
Now that we have set the pace, keep reading if you want to understand more about ServiceNow as a company and the SRE team. We hope it will be helpful.
Let’s start with the role.
As a Manager of the SRE team your responsibilities will be:
- Team management, career development, project prioritization and performance review.
- Drive a culture of intolerance to manual activities that promotes automation efforts.
- Drive initiatives with partner teams to improve the reliability of the infrastructure.
- Act as crisis management to orchestrate actions towards sustainable solutions.
- Analysis and evaluation of existing processes to drive continuous improvement and efficiencies.
- Provide training and support to partner teams that interface with SRE.
- Onboarding of new hires to enable their success in their roles.
- Onboarding of new technologies, systems and automation into the team.
- Ability to work second or third shift which cover one weekend day
This is what we require. Take note because they are a must-have:
- Hands-on technical skills in Linux, databases, systems and coding.
- Experience in team management.
- Design and implementation of monitoring solutions for large and scalable environments.
- Experience with cloud operations, follow-the-sun and geographic distributed teams.
- Experience working in software, platform and infrastructure delivered as a service.
- Knowledge of principles and methods involving ITIL v3.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Uncompromising attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree in Computing Science or related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
We also have pluses. These are not a 'must', but please highlight them on your resume if you have:
- RHCE, CCNA, ITIL or other industry certifications
- Master's degree in a technical field
Now a Bit About The SRE Team
The SRE team is a group of highly technical engineers who are tasked with maintaining and developing the reliability, scalability and performance of the ServiceNow infrastructure. The SRE is empowered to drive technical resolutions across the technology stack from hardware through to application and all stops in between. They are also tasked with driving forward the operability of the platform to drive down the number of incidents and to reduce MTTR.
To accomplish this the team combines software development, networking and systems engineering expertise with a strong desire to be challenged by problems of scale and complexity and to make services better for our customers.
And Finally, ServiceNow As a Company
At this point you already know that ServiceNow is changing the way people work. Due to the success of our products we are experiencing growth in virtually all areas of our organization.
To sustain our growth, we are looking for drivers - people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in and stand out.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong in aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.