Strategic Technology Alliances Senior Manager | 25004
Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Alliances
Santa Clara and San Francisco, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for an experienced person who can lead and manage our relationships with 1-2 of our top strategic partners. These are a small number of top priority partnerships, typically with high executive visibility at both companies.
The ideal candidate will possess a broad knowledge of different partnership structures and technologies. They will have demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively about new business models, distribution channels, and technical hurdles. They will have outstanding project management skills and the ability to manage both internal and external constituents.
This position involves working with key leaders at ServiceNow and the partner organization through highly cross-functional teams to influence, align and coordinate resources to deliver desired outcomes. This role will have high executive visibility among the leadership team at ServiceNow. As such, the candidate should have suitable experience with a proven track record of delivering strategic outcomes through previous business development, partnership, or M&A deal experience.
The strategic alliance team reports to the Head of Strategic Alliances. This team is part of the broader Technology Alliances group, which sits in the Corporate Strategy team. As such, the candidate will have the opportunity to lead special situations projects (depending on skill level) which can have significant impacts on ServiceNow’s long-term strategic directions and goals.
Given the long lead-times to develop and launch partnerships, we are looking for a multi-year commitment. Over time, the candidate will be encouraged to continue to advance along in the technology alliances team or rotate into other leadership positions in the company.
- Manage and own 1-2 priority strategic relationships, including related strategy development, stakeholder engagement plans, tactical execution and alignment of go-to-market functions
- Manage and navigate complex contract and deal negotiations to drive mutual benefit
- Be ServiceNow’s internal subject matter expert for the technology partner’s technology ecosystem and offerings and work with internal product leaders to define and deliver innovative ‘better together’ solutions
- Facilitate and co-ordinate go-to-market and internal supporting resources (incl. legal, finance, etc.) to deliver desired outcomes
- Conduct day-to-day program management with relevant internal and partner stakeholders; play a ‘quarterback’ role to manage competing cross-functional priorities
- Work closely with the executive team and internal functional leaders to drive action and build world-class execution capability
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 6+ years total work experience with some specific experience managing enterprise alliances, business development or other deal-oriented role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; MBA strongly preferred
- Previous experience in a product, technical sales or strategy role at a technology company is strongly preferred
- Strategic thinker, who is also execution oriented; ideally has experience driving cross functional programs or processes
- Effective at building relationships (internally and with partner), collaborating, and influencing others; experience working with senior executives/ partners in cross-company projects
- Strong communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfort in business and technical discussions
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Strong team player who is also an independent thinker
- Software industry domain expertise, and the ability to understand complex technology problems
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.