Senior Business Process Lead for Marketing | 31598
Job Title: Senior Business Process Lead for Marketing
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Marketing Operational Excellence: We enable Marketing to successfully execute on cross-functional, high value strategic priorities by: increasing time to value for key programs through program and change management, defining the architecture and frameworks needed to manage the marketing portfolio, and developing operational excellence capabilities in the Marketing organization.
The Business Process Lead drives business process improvement/transformation for Marketing across the enterprise to optimize experience, streamline processes while improving overall effectiveness and efficiencies. He/she understands best practices for business performance improvement and process design, is able to demonstrate ability to evaluate and assess gaps and opportunities and develop scalable outcomes.
The Business Process Lead will document As-Is and To-Be business processes, conduct analysis to recommend optimization opportunities and metrics to scale. In addition to rolling up her/his sleeves to transform business processes, the Business Process Lead will aid in determining and prioritizing technical requirements to deliver processes and metrics that Marketing must develop in order to achieve our priorities and desired outcomes. He/she will need to work cross-functional and organizationally, partnering with business stakeholders, IT, etc.
Finally, the Business Process Lead will educate, coach and mentor newly maturing project and program managers across Marketing. He/she will provide process improvement coaching to ensure a disciplined, data-driven approach to problem solving that will deliver on customer and business requirements and be a key contributor to the development of behaviors and practices that foster a culture of accountability and excellence in delivery.
What You Get To Do In This Role:
- Work with senior leaders and stakeholders to lead the assessment, quantitative analysis and identification of current state processes, pain points and barriers then prioritize and recommend process improvement efforts (future state solutions) aligned with the strategic plan to ensure long-term organizational improvements
- Partner with the business to create fact-based business cases that support process re-engineering efforts through a defined and measurable value-driven roadmap.
Design/Redesign Business Processes
- Design and deploy a functional operational excellence roadmap to drive process improvement prioritization, scheduling, and value flow.
- Leverage established process improvement (i.e. Lean and Six Sigma) methodologies to map current state processes and value streams including, process profiles, timings, counts, roles and responsibilities along with other key data elements.
- Develop, maintain and update standardized operating procedures and policies that reduce process variation and drive process flexibility, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization’s performance across all functions by fostering cross functional relationships, decreasing redundant work, and removing non-value-added work.
Drive BPM Adoption
- Measure, monitor, and evaluate the effectiveness of improvements post implementation and make appropriate future enhancements to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
Measure, Evaluate and Report
- Develop relevant KPIs and metrics aligned with the strategic plan, processes and deliverables (Scorecard development), to ensure an integrated, cascading measurement/feedback system.
- Provide regular status updates and reports to ensure the operational excellence roadmap, program and projects plans and functional process improvement plans add ongoing value.
Enhance Functional BPM Capability
- Serve as an expert in process transformation/optimization/improvement methods and tools to drive functional operational excellence capability.
- Serve as a change agent by driving the required cultural transformation and the adoption of successful process improvement practices and by diagnosing barriers to project success to facilitate resolution.
- Drive a BPM culture by developing and deploying tools and techniques that mobilize and develop individuals at all levels, encouraging cross-team collaboration to achieve positive BPM results for the organization.
- Provide just-in-time and hands-on BPM team facilitation/training, guidance, coaching, and mentoring to drive BPM adoption and integration.
Manage BPM Projects
- Assist or Lead multiple, complex, high-visibility BPM projects that challenge the business to generate productivity increases, reduce rework, improve quality and increase cost savings for reinvestment.
- Develop, execute and sustain effective project management process improvements to drive project productivity improvements.
Deploy Best Practices
- Evaluate opportunities to bring best practices from other organizations in business processes, measurement/KPIs, and data analytics.
- Standardize operational excellence best practices across the organization to drive functional consistency and robust standardization.
Critical Success Behaviors
- Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Flexibility and Adaptability – Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
- Influencing – Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
- Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Organizational Change Management – Knowledge of and ability to align the organization's people and culture with changes in business strategy, organizational structure, technology and business processes.
- Organizational Savvy and Politics – Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels
- Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 12+ years’ experience and expertise supporting and leading in the area of Business Process Management, managing a process team and/or business architecture group.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise software or similar industry, specifically supporting the marketing function. A broad understanding of the business is highly desirable.
- Direct experience structuring and leading process improvement, designing and defining processes and workflow modeling across all levels (processes, sub-processes, activities, tasks, methods and procedures)
- Experience in multiple cross-functional business process areas.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution, active listening, and time management skills.
- Commitment to producing high-quality, cutting edge deliverables
- Demonstrated experience in the use process improvement methodologies, such as Lean or Six Sigma, and related approaches, such as Kaizens and Root Cause Analysis
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, Business Process Professional (CBPP®) or Certified Business Process Leader (CBPL™) Qualification is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology or Engineering preferred.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.