Senior SRT Manager, IT Service Reliability Team | 21681
Senior SRT Manager, IT Service Reliability Team
This position reports to: Director, IT Infrastructure Engineering & Operations
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is currently seeking a Service Reliability Team Manager who will manage a team that monitors critical IT infrastructure, provides Level 3 support for complex incidents, problems and requests and seeks to automate operational activities utilizing ServiceNow and other technology platforms. This position requires a strategic, innovative and high-level conceptual leader who an excellent people manager with experience in managing a large team of System, Network and Voice Administrators.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build and manage an exceptional IT Ops team of more than 20 technical staff members with a primary focus of Service Availability
- Manage the day to day SRT operations whose responsibilities include proactive monitoring and system administration of Windows, Linux, Network and Communication technologies
- Perform Critical Escalation Manager responsibilities for P1/P2 incidents
- Identify opportunities to automate and collaborate closely with development and engineering teams to continuously improve the architecture, tools and processes
- Eliminate operational support inefficiencies through the use of automation, processes, procedures or technologies
- Build processes and procedures to proactively monitor and prevent P1 outages
- Responsible for overseeing all administrative tasks, such as employee reviews, timesheets, expenses, etc.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- A minimum of 10 years of IT experience, including at least 3-5 years of experience building and managing 24x7 IT Operation teams
- 5+ years of experience building and managing Dev-ops teams
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented self-starter that can handle multiple initiatives to accomplish critical goals
- ITIL certification is a plus
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Passion for learning ascending technologies, and willingness to learn enough to integrate with them
- High-energy, “can do” attitude that thrives in a dynamic environment
- Ability to multi-task in an ever-changing environment
- Experience using the ServiceNow platform, SolarWinds, Splunk
- Exceptional communication, both written and verbal, including listening skills and an open attitude toward constructive feedback
- Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.