Advisory Solution Consultant | 33911
Advisory Solution Consultant
Location: Remote Bay Area, CA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Solution Consultants play a key role in the sales process by facilitating customer discovery workshops, demonstrating the solution, aligning to business value, and gathering customer feedback for future product innovation. Strong technical, sales and consulting skills as well as the ability to translate technical capabilities into business benefits are crucial for this role. As a Core Solution Consultant, you will have the opportunity to discover and validate enterprise customer’s business issues and create and communicate technical solutions that demonstrate and align how ServiceNow solutions deliver value. As a member of our pre-sales team you will have a major impact on our future success.
What you get to do in this role:
- Assist the sales personnel in the qualification of enterprise customer needs and performing pre demo needs analysis
- Participation on one or more strategic accounts either in support or lead.
- Provide mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues in the organization.
- Demonstrations of the product, both standard and tailored to prospects and existing customers, both onsite and in virtual environment.
- Demonstration of product in alignment with Identified Customer Business Initiatives.
- Generation of product demo scripts and scenarios and maintaining demonstration environment(s)
- Scoping and delivering Proof of Concept/Proof of Value engagements with prospects
- Responding to Request for Information/Proposal documents
- Staying current on product developments/releases to a level required for demo and POC/POC
- Supporting Marketing events – user conferences, trade shows, webinars etc
- Staying current on competitive analyses and understanding differentiators between the company and its competitors.
- Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, security etc.
- In conjunction with Sales Personnel and Professional Services, conduct transition briefing - communicate commitments, expectations etc in preparation for deployment
- Act as the ServiceNow subject matter expert at Executive briefings / marketing events
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Strong Pre-sales experience, ITSM experience would be advantageous (Tool or business process).
- Mastery of the Sales process and trusted advisor for account representative
- Exhibits prior and current technical expertise in web technology and the ability to learn new technology.
- Proven ability to demonstrate technology to the business (bridge the gap).
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.
- Understanding of and experience selling to enterprise IT architecture.
- Background in ITIL, Service Management, Asset Management, IT Management.
- Experience working with or understanding of Managed Service Providers, Outsourcers, or Systems Integrators.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.