Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer | 28031
Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer
Location: Dublin, Ireland
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
We are currently seeking a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer. As a key member of the Cloud Systems Engineering team, you will be responsible for architecting, building and managing a tailored, global full stack public cloud infrastructure that is part of our SaaS product offering. This is an opportunity to be delivering with an organization which is at the forefront of technology running a Public/Private Cloud SaaS platform that supports millions of users! The Cloud Systems Engineering team architects, builds and operates the infrastructure that runs our SaaS platform at scale and with high availability on the private and the Azure public cloud. Working closely with engineers and developers across the company, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Building custom systems and services solutions, tailored for the full cloud stack.
- Plan and execute large scale migration of systems and services from private data centers to the Azure public cloud.
- Building custom systems and services solutions, tailored for the Azure public cloud.
- Tackling problems that are out of this world, those that come with *huge* scale.
- Using broad knowledge and experience of systems engineering and networking principles to proactively prevent and address incidents while constantly improving cloud infrastructure best practices.
- Driving popular problems to resolution with the corresponding internal stakeholders, whilst working on edge cases for implementation based issues.
- Identifying and addressing issues escalated, toward immediate relief and sustainable resolution.
- Document and maintain relief and resolution guides in knowledge-base articles. and standard operating procedures parallel to our scalable and sustainable model.
- Training and mentoring internal stakeholders along with the exposure, documentation and hands-on training.
- In creating quality of the Cloud service, identify and collaborate with appropriate teams to improve tools and processes such as event monitoring, automation and introduction of new tools as required for our efficiency.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in systems engineering, understanding of the components of a cloud infrastructure including public cloud, hardware platforms, OS, applications, databases, networks, web and application servers. Prior experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps and managing large-scale server infrastructure at a cloud computing or MSP setting is highly desirable in both a public and private cloud implementation setting. Strong Linux expertise is a must. Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in an open, collaborative, dynamic team environment.
- Deep knowledge/experience with Linux (RedHat and/or CentOS)
- Extensive experience with configuration management and automation platforms, preferably Ansible and Puppet
- Strong understanding of public cloud architectures and implementation best practices in either Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment
Nice to Have Requirements
- Extensive experience developing and delivering production services and automations in Python
- Strong experience with service troubleshooting, covering web front-end, Systems, Databases and Networks
- Previous direct exposure to engineering and architecting fundamental internet services (DNS, Mail, Apache/Tomcat, etc.)
- Experience with systems, network, performance and availability monitoring and analysis (Splunk, Logstash, Prometheus)
- Working level knowledge of platform virtualization software (VMware or KVM)
- Familiarity with MySQL, Oracle or similar database technologies
- Experience with Docker and container management frameworks
- Familiarity with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing
- Understanding of ITIL v3 framework and how it applies to incident, problem and change
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics (or equivalent experience)
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [email@example.com] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.