Director, Product Design | 23623
Job Title: Director, Product Design
Location: San Diego, CA; Santa Clara, CA; Pleasanton, CA
The Experience Organization at ServiceNow is growing rapidly and we are hiring across our many offices across the US. For the Director of Product Design we are specifically looking to fill the role in our offices San Diego, CA; Santa Clara, CA; Pleasanton, CA. We are looking for multiple Directors to lead design teams with the passion to solve complex business problems through design thinking, and who consistently strives for continuous betterment of their work.
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are always looking for passionate individuals to drive user research, prototyping, or experience design activities for a portfolio of customer solutions. You will be part of the growing world-class Experience Organization (EO). EO creates new and compelling experiences for ServiceNow – enabling people around the world to get more done, faster than ever before!
What you get to do in this role:
- Work collaboratively with our Product teams to deliver great UX that will revolutionize workplace collaboration and productivity for some of the largest companies in the world
- Directly lead and manage 8-10 designers and/or managers
- Change the way people work through design thinking and develop experiences using AI, Machine Learning and Mobile technology
- Oversee a portfolio of products, while acting as a mentor & manager to subordinates.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering from strategic definition, planning, architecture, through tactical execution of the Product Roadmaps
- Work with your peers to ensure a unified and cohesive experience across the ServiceNow ecosystem
- Lead user needs assessment, task analysis and develop user profiles; identify key tasks for user research, competitive analysis and user testing, develop usability plans
- Develop high level task flow content and then use storyboards and other design documents to communicate concepts and vision to others
- Rapidly iterate theoretical task scenarios, navigation map, flow, and state-transition diagrams to document design decisions
- Oversee your team's work: detailed mockups and prototypes and behavior specifications.
- Ensure a consistent experience across the mobile and desktop platforms
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the company Design system to provide examples of core platform components and best practices
- Oversee UI layouts including controls, labels and graphical elements for software on both mobile and desktop platforms with an eye towards experience unification
- Participate in documentation development process such as user experience specifications, testing and evaluation
- Work closely with product management in UX ideation and innovation
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Enterprise product design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in visual design, interaction design, human interaction sociology, psychology, or related disciplines.
- An inspiring portfolio representing the process you follow to build insanely great experiences
- Demonstrated experience in defining and/or working with robust design systems
- Demonstration of any accessible projects you have built
- At least 8 years of visual and interaction design, with 5 years of Experience Design or equivalent.
- At least 3+ years of experience managing design teams
- Expert with Sketch, Photoshop, or other design tools
- Ability to do rapid prototyping in Axure, Keynote, Framer, Principle or similar tools
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into clean solutions.
- Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Must have excellent teamwork, communication, and technical problem-solving skills to contribute within a multi-functional and multi-disciplined team
- Obsessed with the relentless pursuit of UX perfection working inside an iterative and agile development environment
- Irritated when encountering pull door handles that can only be pushed inward
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in a fluid, fast-paced and truly agile environment
- Expected to demonstrate a high level of initiative, good sense of humor, and a “make it work” ethos
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.